Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 10:26:36 AM EDT

Dear Senator,
Please accept this e-mail as a sincere thanks on behalf of myself and all responsible firearms owners in the state of Maryland for you support in helping block the Assault Weapons Ban over the last few years. We respectfully ask for your support once again to block the proposed AWB in 2006.
In addition, we respectfully ask for your support on two Senate bills. With the hopeful passage of  SB-910, the "Castle Doctrine Bill", we will no longer be "forced" to retreat from a threat within our own homes for fear of  prosecution for defending ourselves and our families. Please support SB-910.
Lastly, we request your support on the passage of SB-911, which will remove the need for a "good and substantial reason" in obtaining a permit to carry a concealed firearm, and make Maryland a "Shall Issue" state. Please support SB-910.
Thank you, Mr. Senator, for taking the time to consider our position on these issues. Good luck and God Bless.
Sincerely, Christopher J.Reed,  Edgewater, Md. District 21

This was my first ever correspondence with an elected official. I hope it doesn't sound stupid. What do you all think?

It is Ok with me  if others would like to use my letter as a model for their own.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Chris,

Good on ya'......short, sincere and to the point.  You've already done more than 90% of MD gun owners will do in order to advance RKB issues in this state.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Great letter. Now that you have one under your belt, crank a few more out to some of the other Senators and Delegates.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget to send his campaign a check after the Annapolis session is over.  He's being targeted by the MMM/Brady types for defeat.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I wrote to him after seeing this thread.

his response:Thank you for your e-mail.  I enjoy hearing from Maryland residents on matters that are important to them.  Please encourage others who live in the 21st Legislative District and feel as you do to contact our office.

Sincerely,

John A. Giannetti, Jr.

Everyone should write.
Frank
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I wrote to him after seeing this thread.

[his response:Thank you for your e-mail.  I enjoy hearing from Maryland residents on matters that are important to them.  Please encourage others who live in the 21st Legislative District and feel as you do to contact our office.

Sincerely,

John A. Giannetti, Jr.

Everyone should write.
Frank
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Frank, that's the exact same response I got, word for word. Probably automatically generated.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats ok, they probably compile all the e-mails to see what is important to people.

Hopefully we can make a difference

Frank
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Bottom line is that if you know anyone in his district (Northern PG and Western AA Counties) get them to call/write/email and tell them that as a resident of his district they oppose the AWB.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I am not a MD resident, but I am a member of IACP and a Deputy Chief of Police for a municipality in PG County.  
If someone would like to provide me with his email, I'd be happy to write to him explaining how the AWB is not a help to LE, and how I would support shall issue laws.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am not a MD resident, but I am a member of IACP and a Deputy Chief of Police for a municipality in PG County.  
If someone would like to provide me with his email, I'd be happy to write to him explaining how the AWB is not a help to LE, and how I would support shall issue laws.

Good to see our friends across the way on the free side of the river still help us out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top