Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 5:24:32 AM EDT
Hi guys,

I'm a collector of old milsurp guns, mostly bolt-action C&R rifles. Somebody told me there's a storefront dealer up in Cecil County who has a lot of that type stuff reasonably priced. Does anybody know who that might be? Or any other stores in the Central MD region you can recommend.  

Just getting tired of buying stuff sight unseen from web dealers (and paying 30-40 bucks to transfer a $150 rifle. )

Thanks for any tips--
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure you've thought of this, but why not just get your C&R yourself?  Best 30 bucks I ever spent.  My draining checking account doesn't agree though.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
yep, that's why, two reasons

#1 If I got a C&R license, I'd be out of storage space and money real fast

#2 I only plan on adding a couple more rifles to my collection (really, I mean it this time, I do.....................Judging by their prices, some of the stores around Abingdon where I live seem to think every bolt-action surplus rifle ever made is worthy of the auction block at Sotheby's. Somebody was telling me about a store up in Cecil that carried a lot of C&R type rifles and priced them at fair market value, can't remember if they said it was in Elkton or Northeast. I did a couple of directory searches for it but that didn't help.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I know I've asked this before, but here goes.

If you have a C&R do you:
1) Have to put YOUR non C&R guns on your books?

2) Can you buy C&R Hanguns in MD with a C&R license?  Have any of you done it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Zoostation, out of my territory, but you might try taking a look at the "dealer listing" as and see if one in there rings a bell:
www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=152

Forest:
1) None of your other firearms are affected. The only firearms that must be logged are the ones you buy using the license. Any 'personal' firearm, any handgun/long gun, even a C&R you bought through a private party sale, or regular dealer does not get logged, ONLY those firearms you buy under that C&R license.

2) It is OK by MD law to get a C&R pistol delivered to you under your C&R license.  Some dealers out of state are confused about this and will not sell to MD residents, but others will.

Try a search if you can, this was just up near the top not long ago.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Try a search if you can, this was just up near the top not long ago.

Thanks I'll do that.  I've had my eye on some 9mm C&R handguns and I figured that would be easiest way to get them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#6]
zoostation, I think the dealer in Cecil County that you are looking for is N E Guns. He's located on Rt 272 just east of Rt 40, as a matter of fact you have to drive past him to get to the Elk Neck rifle range.

ETA contact info:
N E Guns
15 N Main St
North East, MD
Phone:  (410) 287-6126  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I just purchased a very nice mauser bringback from Duffy's Gun Room.  They had RC's for $185.  Lots more C&R stuff and decent prices.  Look them up, they're in Baltimore Co. I think.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#8]
yep,  NE guns is sounding right, think thats it, thanks guys.

I've never been to Duffy's but I've seen his ads on gunbroker. Was actually thinking about checking them out but I was a little turned off by the note on his gunbroker auctions stating MD buyers pay an extra $55 "paperwork fee" for pistols. Thats just me though, I'm sure he's very nice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
SCREW DUFFY's!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Duffy's is a little on the SALTY side, but he does stand behind what he sells.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I know Frederick isn't Central MD, but if you do come by this area, check out Glade Valley Sporting Goods.  Last time I was there the store had 2 or 3 gunracks full of milsurps.  Price is higher than Internet dealers, but not obscenely so.

http://www.gunsunlimited.com/index.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top