Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 4:37:03 PM EDT
Looking to do some shooting this Saturday with the toys.  I'm new to the area and could spend hours reading to find a good range, but I'd rather get it from the local sources.  I'm coming from Severna Park, but would be willing to drive a reasonable distance to get to a low-stress range.

If anyone is shooting this weekend, or just has a reliable range suggestion, please email or IM me and let me know.  I'd like to shoot with some like-minded people.

Thanks in advance

Bret
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
pistols or rifles?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Preferably rifles, pistol ranges seem fairly easy to come by around here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hap baker in Carrol co.  or Elk Neck state park in cecil co  or Mrytle grove in Ckarles co.

www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=153
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Bachert, I'd second the suggestion for Hap Baker in Westminster. Rifle range is 25, 50, 100 & 200 yards. They have a short-range (10yd?) pistol range I've never used.  They have permanent target backers, so you only need targets and staplers, and they have both of those available there as well.

I work in Millersville and Hap Baker is about 45 minutes from SP. The only caution I would have is that Saturdays are usually pretty busy.

Elk Neck is OK, but will take about 1-1/2 hours from here. Rifle range is 'out to' 100 yards, and you'll need your own stands, targets, staples, etc.. They also have a pistol range (to 50?).

I had heard they were temporarily closed . . . could be wrong . . . anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#5]
A favorite of mine is Cresap in Frederick:

Cresap Rifle Club, Inc.
Plant Road off Linganore Road
Frederick, MD
Phone: 301-662-6669
Phone: 301-898-7479
Open Saturdays 9-3 and Sundays 10-3.

Hap Baker seems more laid back (read--somewhat dangerous), but Cresap is much less stressful (better facility, more professional, better system all around).  It's public access, but not open on Saturdays this time of the year (Saturday April-Nov).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Just spoke to DNR. Elk Neck range is open for business. Still closed on Monday...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Brian, I appreciate that!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info guys, that's what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Is Hap Baker a private range? Or is it state owned?  Any websites for it with fees and directions?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is Hap Baker a private range? Or is it state owned?  Any websites for it with fees and directions?

LINKY - Google is your friend!

ETA:  public access, county owned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top