Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
I was BWI last week and saw one of the airport LE's (not a MSP) carrying  an awesome black rifle- collapsible stock, clear plastic double magazines, flash suppressor. I was in a hurry, so I didn't get a very good look. Could this have been an HK xm-8 or something similar? It looked much different from most AR's I have seen. Has anyone seen these guns?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That was The Maryland Transportation Authority.  I have no idea what rifle they where toting around.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like HK G-36s.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#3]
My father is MDTAP.
They are indeed G36s.
I helped pick 'em out too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Well, at least they have something more tactical than the dudes that have to run around on the Segways inside the terminal.

I saw one of those guys try to get into the elevator one day, he was already like 6'3" to start with, plus his campaign hat, plus the Segway.  He had to squat down pretty far, plus try to shift his weight to get the Segway to move forward before the elevator doors closed.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Dupe...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I was told the officers really like the Segways.
Very handy for getting around the terminals.
Of course they don't feel very tactical...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw a similar uber-tactical BWI cop last week when I flew out of there. The rifle is indeed a G-36.  

And don't forget--its now "Thurgood Marshall Baltimore International Airport" (TMBWI??)
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool, I'm down with "Thurgood Marshall Airport."  Thanks, guys, for the identification- now if I could only buy one!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#9]
From what I hear the G36 sucks.  The AR platform is superior
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
If I might ask, why do they suck? How can they suck when they look that cool?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If I might ask, why do they suck? How can they suck when they look that cool?

Amognst other things, the polymer receivers have a tendency to melt, and also crack near the folding stock area. The operating system is good to go though.
John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top