Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 9:02:01 AM EDT
Alright, does anyone have the low down on whether MD residents will be able to purchase the FS2000, PS90, or civilian version of the SCAR (if one becomes available)? I've had several dealers tell me several differant things, from "Yep, we'll definitely have PS90s", to "No PS90s in MD because they can accept magazines over 50 rounds". Similar stories with the FS2000.

Anyone know of any dealers in MD that are actually stocked or will be stocking any of the above weapons? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw a PS90 (I think that's what the civilian version is called?) at Atlantic Guns in Rockville about a month ago. It was not for sale "yet", but the guys at the shop said it would be soon. I have no idea what kind of law/regulation/corporate policy would prevent its sale prior to a certain date even when they had a copy in stock, but this was definitely a PS90.  He also confirmed that it would be sold as a regular long gun rather than a "regulated" weapon.  Atlantic Guns is not a Class III dealer, so this could not have been an LE-only version.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw a PS90 (I think that's what the civilian version is called?) at Atlantic Guns in Rockville about a month ago. It was not for sale "yet", but the guys at the shop said it would be soon. I have no idea what kind of law/regulation/corporate policy would prevent its sale prior to a certain date even when they had a copy in stock, but this was definitely a PS90.  He also confirmed that it would be sold as a regular long gun rather than a "regulated" weapon.  Atlantic Guns is not a Class III dealer, so this could not have been an LE-only version.

Do you recall what the price may be, or was that not displayed yet?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
They probably just left it there for us to drool over and then never offer for sale lol.  Seriously though, if I come across a huge sum of cash the PS90 is high on my list of toys to have.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I was at Atlantic (Rockville) on Monday. They still had the PS-90.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you recall what the price may be, or was that not displayed yet?

I didn't see a price. Knowing Atlantic's standard pricing procedure, it should be about $100 more than it should be.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw that gun
you are right they are helpfull
but
VERY EXPENSIVE!
purchased a RRA lower striped from them 160.00+10.00 for state check + tax

very expensive for some stuff not so for others...

I do like that ps90 on the wall and it is non regulated and considered a hunting rifle

Hanna
Bethesda
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I didn't see a price. Knowing Atlantic's standard pricing procedure, it should be about $100 more than it should be.

200+ would be my bet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone actually called Atlantic to see what it is tagged at and how many are in stock? My guess would be one green one in stock (which of course is only for display and not sale), way over list price and sold without a magazine if it is for sale at that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
PS90's have not made it to Md's "assault weapons" list - it's an over the counter yellow form rifle right now.  Probably would have to sold w/ a 10 rd mag though.  Also can be purchased in PA with standard 50 rd mag by a MD resident as an over the counter rifle (yellow only).  

lrbillb
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#10]
As FN doesn't make a 20 round mag for it (as far as I've heard), I think we'd be getting it without a mag here. The dealer would make out like a bandit because they'd have a spare mag to keep or sell online with every sale.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Do they even make 10 round magazines? The same dealer that told me there wouldn't be any PS90s available said they didn't make any mags with less than 30 round capacity.

I guess it'd be a good idea to pick one up now before it gets added to the list.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
.. Probably would have to sold w/ a 10 rd mag though.  

Why would you think that?  What limits a non controlled long arm to 10 rounds????

Worst they could offer would be a 20 round magazine.

Best idea though is to buy the rifle w/o a magazine then go to VA or PA and buy all the 'standard capacity P90' magazines you want.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#13]
If FN did offer another capacity choice for the rifle down the road it would probably be a 10 rounder. This would be bacause of the states who still have a capacity limit (with the lowest being 10 rounds). We're limited to 20, Jersey is stuck with 15, and California and a few other areas are limited to 10. At least we can get better mags from out of state...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#14]
The latest shotgun news lists the Ps90as having a 10, 30, &50 round mag available. Supposedly, it ships with a 30 and a 50. Guess we'll see how it plays out here in the People's Republic of MD.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#15]
My dream gun right now is THIS package from Impact Guns.  How sweet would that be.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I saw that gun
you are right they are helpfull
but
VERY EXPENSIVE!
purchased a RRA lower striped from them 160.00+10.00 for state check + tax

very expensive for some stuff not so for others...

I do like that ps90 on the wall and it is non regulated and considered a hunting rifle

Hanna
Bethesda

ouch on the striped lower price. I paided around $300 for a complete RRA lower with A2 stock and NM trigger at 3R gun shop. I belive the stiped lower runs around $130 from them + taxes/state pd fee.

I hate to see the price of the ps90
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Just called Atlantic Guns and they told me they did NOT have any PS90s for sale, didn't have an idea of when they'd be in, and had no idea as to price. FYI.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Another FYI, I went to The Armory in Annapolis and they had a single PS90, for $3,000
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Did it include a tube of Astroglide?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Another FYI, I went to The Armory in Annapolis and they had a single PS90, for $3,000

Dealer cost on the rifle is $1300 from Jerrys. Now they don't have any in stock and there is a waiting list. But still 3k? I can see 2k even 2100, but 3k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top