Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 3:28:41 PM EDT
Well, I read about the SBR and machine gun hoops you jump thru to get, and I'm fine with that.  But I also hear about the suprise inspections by the police or ATF to view your weapon and paperwork.  I would like to get a SBR soon.  I don't have anything to hide, but that sounds less than ideal.

Is this some folklore of days past or does this really happen today?  Please, no, "I knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy.............

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard of any 'private citizen' with C-III equipment who has endured a mandatory inspection, surprise or otherwise.

Federally licensed C-III "Manufacturers" & "Dealers" DO get inspected, but normally during business hours and I take it to be quite routine, more a paperwork veriofication than anything else.

I've been shooting a registered suppressor going on three years and have never had to show it to anyone for any reason, even buying it, it went from manufacturer to dealer to me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
"Suprise Inspections"  ... ie "we're coming in and want to look around" apply only if you have an FFL.

ATF may ask to inspect paperwork and specific title2 weapon, but does not grant them a warrentless search of your property as many would claim.

Never heard of it happening to anyone I know w/ title2 weapons, and I know several. I've only been in the registry a few months myself, but no probs here. Never even heard the "I know a guy who knows a guy" line.

I'm not a lawyer, this is not legal advise, I may be wrong.... but I wouldn't worry about it IMO.

rvb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top