Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 6:28:07 AM EDT
I would like to order from Legal Transfers LLC, from this post.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=227878

I got quoted an unbelievable price on a new RRA 24" Varmint EOP. Atlantic says they will not do the FFL transfer since they are a RRA dealer and can get the gun from RRA themselves. He said they cannot match my price quote and their "best" price is WAY more than what I was quoted. Does anybody know any FFL's that can help me?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I think this is the guy who was just added - local to M County, black rifle friendly. Emailed with him (if my memory has the right guy) - listing from the FFL thread.

John Rhines
J.Rhines Consulting
Germantown, MD 20874
email: Click here to email me

Hours: 9/9/2004 8:13:43 AM
Transfer fee: $15.00 Long guns, $30.00 Maryland restricted weapon
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to both of you, I don't see an e-mail or phone # for Mr. Rhines?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
IM me for his Phone Number....dont want to broadcast it over the net....I must say though that he responds pretty quickly to emails.  

Joe
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Lou's Guns  -12227 Marne Lane; Bowie, MD 20715-1814
Lou is a 22 year Master Gunsmith and a participating member of this site.  He offers a full range of gunsmithing services - including Hard Chroming of parts and parkerizing.  Lou also offers out-of-state transfers, so if you buy a gun out of state he can handle the transfer.  Besides gunsmithing, Lou is a stocking dealer.  In his own words "I am also a full line stocking dealer in the shooting sports field. I sell everything that is related to shooting sports from hunting to sporting clays. If it is made I can get it for you".  You can contact Lou at his e-mail address: [email protected] or by phone: (301)262-6138
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Lou is a 22 year Master Gunsmith and a participating member of this site.  He offers a full range of gunsmithing services - including Hard Chroming of parts and parkerizing.  Lou also offers out-of-state transfers, so if you buy a gun out of state he can handle the transfer.  Besides gunsmithing, Lou is a stocking dealer.  In his own words "I am also a full line stocking dealer in the shooting sports field. I sell everything that is related to shooting sports from hunting to sporting clays. If it is made I can get it for you".  You can contact Lou at his e-mail address: [email protected] or by phone: (301)262-6138

This guy is the devil.  Stay away.  Lots of folks here have had problems with him.  I asked him for a quote on a Bushmaster M4 and it was about 300 bucks more than AIM had them for.  So, I asked for an out of state x-fer.  No problem, I was told by him.  Except he'd charge me $300 for the x-fer and all of the "paperwork".
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This guy is the devil.  Stay away.  Lots of folks here have had problems with him.  I asked him for a quote on a Bushmaster M4 and it was about 300 bucks more than AIM had them for.  So, I asked for an out of state x-fer.  No problem, I was told by him.  Except he'd charge me $300 for the x-fer and all of the "paperwork".

I must concur.  Lou is sleazy in a big way.  He will tell you one thing and when you show up it is another story.  He promised me he could do work on a gun only to try to sell me something I didn't want.  I will never go back to him.  He also wanted to charge me $100 for a transfer.  That is a crock if you ask me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I went to Atlantic Guns the other day.  They didn't have the handgun I was looking for so they offered to do the transfer...for ONLY $60 + $10 paper fee.  I almost told him that I would prefer that he kiss me first.

I will say this.  They were really cool guys and didn't try pushing any of their guns on me that I didn't want.  I just couldn't believe how much they charge for a transfer
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought that it was Maryland law that for a restricted firearm transfer like a handgun or an AR or AK that the most they could charge was $35 for the whole transfer.  Thats all that John Rhines charges.  I have nothing but good things to say about John.  Check the FFL thread and shoot him an email.  Hes located just outside Germantown between Quince Orchard and Poolesville and runs his shop out of his house.  Also gonna have him do some trigger work on my AR.  Just my .02

Joe
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would like to order from Legal Transfers LLC, from this post.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=227878

I got quoted an unbelievable price on a new RRA 24" Varmint EOP. Atlantic says they will not do the FFL transfer since they are a RRA dealer and can get the gun from RRA themselves. He said they cannot match my price quote and their "best" price is WAY more than what I was quoted. Does anybody know any FFL's that can help me?

Totally concur with Mil-Surp-Phreak, J. Rhines is the way to go. Either IM Mil-Surp or email me, And I will give you his contact info.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Christian Soldier in Parkville is awesome.  Rob Shiflett is the owner.  He charged me $30 to transfer a non regulated H-Bar, and $30 plus the $10 MSP for a Colt 9mm.  Great guy.  Phone #410-661-2666
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If you value your time, money, and sanity......stay the hell away from this guy.
John F.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#13]
If you can make it to Glen Burnie and Clayton Otto's shop, do so.
I think he's about the best deal going and is a great guy to deal with.
I transferred another gun with him Saturday and $30.00 is his standard, no hassle transfer fee, posted in writing behind the counter. Add $10.00 if it has to go through MSP. No BS.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I transferred another gun with him Saturday and $30.00 is his standard, no hassle transfer fee, posted in writing behind the counter. Add $10.00 if it has to go through MSP. No BS.

+1

When I used to live over there, he did some transfers for me.  Great Guy
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Neil at NSK. Just north of baltimore
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

When I used to live over there, he did some transfers for me.  Great Guy

I used Mr. Otto for a couple trasnfers a while back and was very satisfied as well. If I lived closer to his area I would use him for all my transfers.
John F.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top