Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 1:45:27 PM EDT
Question for the group............Im doing my ATF form 1 to register a existing lower for a SBR..............who do we take these to in oder to get the CLEO to sign off on and since we are already in possesion of the lower does it have to go thru the states hands prior to going to ATFE? Any 1st hand exp. would be helpful from the MD guys......................
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a good thread from a couple of months ago:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=29&t=203339
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I would advise you to not make a SBR until the F1 is back in your hands.  I wouldn't even buy the barrel yet.

Otherwise, if you already legally own the title 1 gun with the long barrel, you do not have to do anything special to make it a NFA item other than what I listed in the other thread.

I might not be following your question correctly, but the state does need to sign both frorm off before you send them to the ATF with a $200 check.  You are looking at 4-6 month wait (1 month being the MSP).  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would advise you to not make a SBR until the F1 is back in your hands.  I wouldn't even buy the barrel yet.

Otherwise, if you already legally own the title 1 gun with the long barrel, you do not have to do anything special to make it a NFA item other than what I listed in the other thread.

I might not be following your question correctly, but the state does need to sign both frorm off before you send them to the ATF with a $200 check.  You are looking at 4-6 month wait (1 month being the MSP).  

e-mail sent............................
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here's a good thread from a couple of months ago:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=29&t=203339

That really was a good thread.  I learned a lot from that one.  Not enough apparently, because I still screwed up the prints thing, but I'm on the right path now for my SBRs.  Plus I'm on a slippery slope towards a can, too!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for listing the link for this again...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top