Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 6:49:58 AM EDT
I need to get some work done on my AR in the Annapolis/Crofton/Bowie area.  I would like to have a free float installed and have my barrel cut and thread with a birdcage.  Anybody know where I can take it locally?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I that area, Lou Klein in Bowie is the only one I know of. I'm not positive of his machine work capabilities, but he is a Master gunsmith.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I that area, Lou Klein in Bowie is the only one I know of. I'm not positive of his machine work capabilities, but he is a Master gunsmith.

How would I get a hold of him?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Lous Sporting Goods
12227 Marne Lane
Bowie, MD 20715-1814
USA
Phone: 301-262-6138
Toll Free Phone: None
Fax: 301-352-8720
Web Site: web
E-mail: [email protected]

ETA:    www.coolshooting.net

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I would do a little research on Lou Klein before I trusted him with any work.  IIRC, people have had many problems with him; i.e., prices suddenly increasing from what was quoted, work not done in a timely fashion, etc.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I would stay away from Lou if I were you. I would be happy to elaborate via pm if you please.
If you have a bench vise, I would be happy to loan you my tools(everything to do the job right), and even walk you through the dissasembly and free float install  if you want. It is quite simple, and you could then just send the barrel out to ADCO (quick turnaround, decent price).
Take it easy
John F.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Another -1 for Lou.  In my opinion, this guy is the biggest prick with an FFL in the state.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out the Armory on West Street in Annapolis.  It's right next door to the Double T.

There is a smith that comes in on Tuesdays.

But be carful you may end up walking out with a purchase.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I had Clyde's Sport Shop do an out of state x-fer or two for me.  A buddy of mine used his gunsmith for some work and swears by the guy now.  That's not really in the Annapolis area though so that probably doesn't help you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
. . . .  . If you have a bench vise, I would be happy to loan you my tools(everything to do the job right), and even walk you through the dissasembly and free float install  if you want. It is quite simple, and you could then just send the barrel out to ADCO (quick turnaround, decent price). . . .

Yup. It is very easy to do and you could do everything but thread the barrel right there on your own workbench. Pull the barrel, send it out, get it back, put it back together with the FF stuff - easy deal.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#10]
The guy doing my transfer for me here in Germantown/Poolesville has some pretty sweet custom AR work that hes done.  Its kind of a hike for you but from what I've seen its quality work.  Drop me an IM or email fo rhis info.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top