Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 7:04:44 PM EDT
http://www.the-armory.com/

well i'm in Virginia Beach on "Business" and well i found black 30 rounders for 9.99 they have alot so come on down
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Sale or regular price? I'll be passing thru soon.dave
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
dont' know but i'm going back either tomorrow or friday so i'll post more then
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in Norfolk about 6 months ago. Don't recall the name of the shop I went into, but they had a whole crate of black 30 rounders marked "GI mags" made in Tiwan for $9.99. I bought one, put in a green follower, and it shoots OK.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:21:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel like I should keep stocking up on 30s just on principle (piss off Democrats), but I've got a handful and I like 20s better anyway.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I feel like I should keep stocking up on 30s just on principle (piss off Democrats), but I've got a handful and I like 20s better anyway.

Yeah, same here, I just keep thinking "grandfathered" . . .
In fact, if I thought AR rifle sales would be forever unrestricted, I would have several fewer rifles right now . . .
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#6]
This is probably the closest thread already in existence to ask this question.

I'm sure it's been asked a dozen time before (at least once by me):

Buying 30+ round mags (either for an AR, or some other firearm... such as a Glock). You can't buy them online or via mail order and have them shipped into MD.

Does that mean you can't ship them through any sort of postal service into MD period or only when purchased?

What I'm getting at is if I bought them, had them shipped to someone out of state, could they send them to me? At that point they're already "owned" and not part of a transaction that, depending on the intepretation of the law, isn't complete until possesion has been taken.

I know someone said in the past that once you pay the money you are technically the owner and it shouldn't be an issue. I've bought hi caps from LoneWofl and they actually sent them here, but it's probably a gamble trying to do it on a regular basis.

ETA: From centerfirearms

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:47:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's the applicable code:

§ 4-305. Detachable magazines - Prohibited.

(a)  Scope of section.- This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.
(b)  Prohibited.- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 36H-5(b); 2002, ch. 26, § 2.]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here's the applicable code:

§ 4-305. Detachable magazines - Prohibited.

(a)  Scope of section.- This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.
(b)  Prohibited.- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 36H-5(b); 2002, ch. 26, § 2.]

So anything above 20 is now prohibited all together?
WTF is a tubular magazine?
.223 is falls within .22 caliber doesn't it?
So a Glock 30+ round mag is all kinds of wrong here then?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is probably the closest thread already in existence to ask this question.

I'm sure it's been asked a dozen time before (at least once by me):

Buying 30+ round mags (either for an AR, or some other firearm... such as a Glock). You can't buy them online or via mail order and have them shipped into MD.

Does that mean you can't ship them through any sort of postal service into MD period or only when purchased?

What I'm getting at is if I bought them, had them shipped to someone out of state, could they send them to me? At that point they're already "owned" and not part of a transaction that, depending on the intepretation of the law, isn't complete until possesion has been taken.

I know someone said in the past that once you pay the money you are technically the owner and it shouldn't be an issue. I've bought hi caps from LoneWofl and they actually sent them here, but it's probably a gamble trying to do it on a regular basis.

ETA: From centerfirearms

64.226.66.194/images/headers/Hicapmagsfooter.gif

You are right, it is a gamble.  

There is nothing in the code that states that you can not have them shipped to you.  You just cant purchase them in the state of MD.  Thats my view but your milage will vaery depending on the person on the other end of the phoneline in a different state thats afraid of getting slapped.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Legally, I think you may have problems if you have them shipped to you -  "A person may not . . . receive . . . a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm."

However, there is no restriction on your possession of these mags in the state of Maryland.  There is no restriction in the MD Code if you physically obtain 30 round mags outside the state of Maryland, and then return to Maryland with the mags in your possession.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Legally, I think you may have problems if you have them shipped to you -  "A person may not . . . receive . . . a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm."

However, there is no restriction on your possession of these mags in the state of Maryland.  There is no restriction in the MD Code if you physically obtain 30 round mags outside the state of Maryland, and then return to Maryland with the mags in your possession.

What if I have them sent to someone in FL and they fly here. Any chance they'll get searched and anal probed by the TSA?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What if I have them sent to someone in FL and they fly here. Any chance they'll get searched and anal probed by the TSA?

Once the mags get here, the someone will "transfer" them to you, who will "receive" them.

You could be cell-mates!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Have 'em fly into Dulles and pick them up.You'll receive the mags in Va and all will be well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Tube magazines are used in the Calico line of .22 rifles and 9mm pistols.

Some examples: http://www.williamsandsonarms.com/page3.htmTube magazines are used in the Calico line of .22 rifles and 9mm pistols.

Some examples: www.williamsandsonarms.com/page3.htm

Edit: Oh, those tube mags...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
[There is nothing in the code that states that you can not have them shipped to you.  ...

Sure there is.

Did you notice the section on prohibited activities the word 'Receive'?  That covers 'giving a buddy' a magazine and it covers receiving it in the mail.

Pathfinder:
Tubular Magazine  Its a type of fixed magazines used on many .22 rifles, it's also use on most lever action rifles and most pump shotguns (i.e. the 870).  Bullets are packed nose to end instead of on top of each other.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[There is nothing in the code that states that you can not have them shipped to you.  ...

Sure there is.

Did you notice the section on prohibited activities the word 'Receive'?  That covers 'giving a buddy' a magazine and it covers receiving it in the mail.

Pathfinder:
Tubular Magazine  Its a type of fixed magazines used on many .22 rifles, it's also use on most lever action rifles and most pump shotguns (i.e. the 870).  Bullets are packed nose to end instead of on top of each other.

You are right.

I should have articulated it better, I ment ship them to your self.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:31:11 AM EDT
[#17]
what about buying them and then aking them to md. That would constitute transfer? So when was the ban enacted. Therfore the only way is to have had the mags before the ban was enacted. So my m16 mags with 02/05 date probaly wouldnt hold up in court?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
what about buying them and then aking them to md. That would constitute transfer?

No, transfer is giving them to somebody else.

What you are talking about is 'Transport' and that is not prohibited.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#19]
"oh look, my buddy left his mags here and i found them"  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Even in that case you would still "recieve" the magazines, because when you pickthem up, touch them or assume possesion of them that would costitute a "transfer".

what about buying them and then aking them to md. That would constitute transfer? So when was the ban enacted. Therfore the only way is to have had the mags before the ban was enacted. So my m16 mags with 02/05 date probaly wouldnt hold up in court?

No. That is not what "transfer" means."Transfer" in this case means the transfer of ownership. If you purchased, found, had shipped any magazine over 20 rounds in or to another state (VA,PA,WV) and braught them into MD, then that is perfectly legal. The Ban was enacted in 1994. THERE IS NO BAN ON THE OWNERSHIP OF ANY MAGAZINE OF ANY CAPACITY, JUST THE "TRANSFER"!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:33:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even in that case you would still "recieve" the magazines, because when you pickthem up, touch them or assume possesion of them that would costitute a "transfer".

There's no law about possesion or storage.  They still belong to your buddy he just forgot to take them with him and kept gorgetting to take them with him thereafter.

That is correct, there is no law, but to posess and store you would have to "receive". Recieving a Hi-cap mag within the borders of MD is illegal.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top