Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 3:22:34 PM EDT
I am staying with a friend for the month of August and his house is right down the street from the Montgomery County detention center in Rockville. Is there any silly law which would preclude me from keeping a handgun or AR15 with me at his house? I'm not carrying it outside or anything, I just want to have it near me at night when I sleep. I can't imagine why there would be a law against this, but one never knows in MD.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to live right down the street from that place and the MSP barracks on Montrose.  I had my firearms at my house stuck in between 20-30 liberal democrats for 3 years and they only gave me crap once about my hobby.  My neighbor asked what was in the bags as I moved out and I told her my guns and she tried to give me a earful but I was on my last box and then I was out of there.

Cant help you any with your question about staying at anothger persons place.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, pay him a dollar for rent and you're in the clear.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Since you are "staying" there, I think it would be considered your residence.  Like Karn said, pay him rent and you should be  good to go.

I think you will need to file paperwork only for a class 3.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure i'm right on this. As long as you are an invited guest you are in the clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top