Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 7:20:38 AM EDT
Anyone going?  I'm probably going to be there with the family Saturday.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not going, but yesterday on the way to meetings I saw 'em practicing a LOT!    On the way home there was a TIGHT and LOW diamond formation of a F-86 in lead, F-4 at 9 o'clock, F-15 at 3 o'clock, and a A-10 at 6 o'clock.  I wanted to pull over on the beltway just to watch.  Awesome.  I love living close to AAFB!

Rich
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there at noon.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been there since they restricted parking on-base and civilians were required to park at FedEx Field.  How much of a mess is the transportation?  With kids?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I haven't been there since they restricted parking on-base and civilians were required to park at FedEx Field.  How much of a mess is the transportation?  With kids?

We did that a few years back, it wasn't horrible (didn't get there right at opening) but the bus took the long way there so it didn't have to go on the highway, then got stuck a bit in some traffic.  PITA but not horrible.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Well we had a special treat Saturday- the President 'coptered in, got on AF1, and then took off.  Got some cool pics.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
WOW!The skies here were full of cool stuff this weekend. The husband  of one of my wife's friends is stationedl there.He took our kids there for a tour a couple weeks ago.Let them check out the nightvision stuff,climb in a copter,go up in the traffic control tower,etc.They had a blast! AndI'm jealous.i
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw a  B-2 "Stealth bomber" fly-by on Saturday also.   The thing was VERY quiet.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top