Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 4:35:53 AM EDT
A co-worker wants me to build him an AR. Not bad work on my part, just started working with him a month ago.  Good guy and not worried about "bad" element.  Wouldn't be working here if it was a concern.

He will buy all the parts and such but is a MD resident.  I know what VA laws are but I need you folks to edjamacate me on yours.  

What I do know is that they are registered unless they are HBAR's or Eagle Arms EA15 and that you can't buy 30 rounders there.

Should I have him get an Eagle Arms lower for the kit he is getting?  16" Mid-length CAR

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If he buys a 'lower only' he WILL have the extra paperwork, 8 day waiting period, and $10 fee.

The only way to avoid it is to buy a complete HBAR rifle.

Tell your friend to bite the bullet and go through the BS if he wants to build in MD.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to start a new forum but figured I could easily [hopefully] jump in here.  I'm doing research on different firearm laws in the US.  I work for a company that manufacturers a lower receiver that is legal in the state of California and we have had people from New Jersey ask for it.  I've been trying to find an address to the Department of Justice for the state of New Jersey to get approval from them for our lower.  I have read the laws as reported on the NRA-ILA site [very informative] and would like to move forward.

Does anyone have an address to the department of justice for the state of New Jersey?

Thanks so much,  Patty McNary www.fabten.com
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:55:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If he buys a 'lower only' he WILL have the extra paperwork, 8 day waiting period, and $10 fee.

Thanks FOREST.  Does he have to buy it in MD or can he run down to Quantico and buy one?  If not who in MD has the best prices on lowers?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]
pattymcn- there is a new york/new jersey forum, I'd ask them if google doesn't work.

grywlf52- he has to buy the lower in MD.  MD res can buy a rifle in VA from a VA FLL, but AR is considered a regulated gun & has to be through a MD FFL.

I'd like to hear people's prices on lowers, myself.  I was in Atlantic Guns in Rockville yesterday, the want $140 for a stripped Rock River.  (They kept thinking I was saying "Baer" lower like Les Baer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks FOREST.  Does he have to buy it in MD or can he run down to Quantico and buy one?  If not who in MD has the best prices on lowers?

He could run down to Quantico.  But I've talked with Jeff and Jeff won't sell AR-15 lowers to MD residents as he still has to abide by the 8 day waiting periord.

He will sell the resident a lower and ship it to a MD FFL for transfer (which is when he'll have the 8 day waiting period).
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd like to hear people's prices on lowers, myself.  I was in Atlantic Guns in Rockville yesterday, the want $140 for a stripped Rock River.

That's not too bad considering the 'no name' Mega lowers are what $90?  Add in shipping About $10, and transfer fee $20 you're looking at $120 for a no name lower.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.  I'll have him check around and find one in MD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top