Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 12:59:22 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the firearms laws for MD?  I was at a gunshow in Chantilly, VA this weekend looking to buy an AR and got so darn many different stories about MD, what was legal and not.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a publication titled "State Laws and Published Ordinances-Firearms" from the U.S.Department of Justice , Bureau of Alchol,Tobacco,Firearms and Explosives
I have a copy dated 2004-25th Edition
ATF P 5300.5

I think the site is     www.atf.treas.gov
It is the size of a med size phone book and I get one sent to me as I hold a C&R license
but you should be able to have one sent to you.
It is fairly heavy going and you might have to get an attorney to translate some of it into english
but it gives you a lot of information
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Try this site for starters: groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/

Also the Maryland State Law Library is online here:
www.lawlib.state.md.us/
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have the address directly to the Maryland Department of Justice?   I'm doing research on different firearm laws in the US.  I work for a company that manufacturers a lower receiver that is legal in the state of California and we have had people from Maryland ask for it.  I've been trying to find an address to the Department of Justice for the state of Maryland to get approval from them for our lower.  I have read the laws as reported on the NRA-ILA site [very informative] and would like to move forward.

Thanks so much,  Patty McNary www.fabten.com
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You can call 410-875-3700, which is the number for the MD Police And Correctional Training Commissions.  You can request a 2004 copy of the Digest of Criminal Laws, which is around $4-5 including shipping.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top