Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 10:00:48 AM EDT
Hi All, Ok at this point I do not own a firearm my self, (I know ...sad) . I would like learn more about target, long distance and skeet shooting. Where a good place to start?

Is there a  good place Close to Baltimore where I can learn more??? Where do I start
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
For skeet, I would recommend Loch Raven Skeet and Trap club, north of the beltway on Dulany Vally Road. It's a good place, and shooters will help you learn skeet. Yo do need to bring a gun- there are no rentals.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
There is also the Carroll county Gun club in Eldersburg for Trap and Skeet. If your coming from Balmer, take Liberty Rd(Rt 26) west. Once you cross over Rt 32 it is about 2 miles on the right. I have never been there myself, but I am sure you need your own firearm. If your looking for a good starter, go to Walmart and get a Charles Daly 12 Ga. Semi-auto. They are $299 last time I checked. I love mine and have never had any problems with it.

Check this thread out
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=29&t=185344
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:03:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I would look at some of the local ranges for a beginners course- before you go out & start shooting, know your gun, how it works, SAFETY FIRST, there's a lot to think about while shooting, and a good course can help.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#6]
In addition to a course you'll have to watch that dumb video to get a safety card in order to purchase a handgun (or any gun I believe, I forget now) in MD.  I really felt like I needed a dunce cap for having watched it.  Its truely novice info provided.  You'll already know everything they talk about just by hanging around here for a few weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top