Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 8:03:54 AM EDT
I know after the ban expires Federally they are OK. What about MD laws concerning these, if any?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#2]
So what are my alternatives if my FFL (Maryland Small Arms, Upper Marlboro MD) wont do it. The receiver is coming to them. Will they have to sent back to where it came from? I now am getting a bad feeling about this..........
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The only reason they ever called them "LEO" was that they were post ban guns configured to pre-ban and thus not legal for civilian ownership between 1994 and 2004.

It is perfectly legal to own, but, since it doesn't say "HBAR", they (the dealer/MSP) will want you to do the "restricted firearm (pistol) paperwork and waiting period on it. MD's silly law is still in effect.

In fact, they would have been legal to own all along, provided they had not been configured as a pre-ban (telestock).
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. sorry I started to panic.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, you can't own them for a week, anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top