Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 3:40:10 PM EDT
Hey guys,
Need to buy some AR lowers for upcoming projects, and am considering who to have do the transfers. The vendor I want to buy the lowers from has the Gun Rack already on file. I wanted to  hear from anyone with experience with the gun rack, and if anyone knew what their transfer fees are as well(too late to call today).
Thanks fellas
John F.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard a lot of good things about them.  A lot of guys like them because they consider an M4 a heavy barrel and will do an over-the-counter sale on them ...no 8 day wait.

I've never purchased anything there myself, but I bought a preban about 2 years ago from out of state and checked them out to do the transfer and they wanted $100.  I personally won't buy anything from them because of that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Forest has had good things to say about them in the past regarding AR15's.

I have had not problem with minor equipment exchanges (magazines) and they seem reasonable people to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've heard a lot of good things about them.  A lot of guys like them because they consider an M4 a heavy barrel and will do an over-the-counter sale on them ...no 8 day wait.

I've never purchased anything there myself, but I bought a preban about 2 years ago from out of state and checked them out to do the transfer and they wanted $100.  I personally won't buy anything from them because of that.

sounds like a decent shop, but  Im sure as hell not  paying 100 per transfer.  I will have to call them tomorrow and see if thats still the price. I heard they have a pretty decent stock.
Thank you for the response.
John
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I've only had good experiances with The Gun Rack.   Very helpful and knowledgable.   Not the cheapest place in town, and usually busy, but when they're waiting on you they are very thorough and patient.  I bought a stripped AR lower and an AK from these guys.  Never inquired about the transfer scenario.  If it's $100, I wouldn't use them for that transaction either.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Will Otto's do an OTC transferr on an M4 config?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Go with Otto's police supply. They have decent Xfer prices and the they will really take care of you.

Contact the member 9supercomp for more info.

Thanks M4, done and done.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, at least he didnt ask about an under-the-counter.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Will Otto's do an OTC transferr on an M4 config?

OTC? Do yo u mean as a rifle or as a handgun type of sale?

As a rifle, not as a "regulated" firearm.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I talked to him the other day about getting a 20" HBAR target AR built by ADCO.  I sent him an email regarding the transfer and I asked about whether or not it was considerd "regulated" in Maryland.

This is the reply that I got...

The only HBAR that is not regulated is the Colt.  All others go through the waiting period.  The fee is $25 for me and $10 for MSP.

Clayton

I would assume that if a 20" target HBAR is going ot be regulated, yours will as well.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]
My regular dealer is the same way ...only Colt Sporter HBar's ...just as the law is written.  I personally don't fault him.  If it was my business (and freedom from jail), I'd do the same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top