Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 10:05:10 AM EDT
I live in Balto co., what are the regs on target shooting with an AR. Distance from buildings , back drop?  Any Gov. web sites which explains regs?     GO RAVENS!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello and welcome to the board!!

I know here in AACO I was told that its 300 Yards away from a building, public street or another home (that's not yours) to fire any firearm.

Now I am not sure if that's a county thing (probably not) or a state law (most likely).

What part of Balto County are you in?

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the Bowleys Quartes area , was going to come to the Red Brick Station , but it was cancelled , looking forward  when and if you meet there again....I was just wondering about shooting rifles , only because I can't use them for hunting , can only use shot guns with slugs. Target practice different?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that would have been great if you came to the meet.
Just next time check in so we can add another head to the list.

I was told 300yrds no matter what kind of firearm. BB/Pellet guns didn't count.

I would call state police and a few other local PD's. Make sure you ask a few different ones. Here in MD its hard to get an honest answer about firearms from police.

1st many of them may not know the law
2nd MDSP arent too gun friendly
3rd You can get an idea of what may be the correct answer if a few of them give the same answer.

If you need any company in shooting, us Marylanders are looking for a place to shoot on private land when we have shoots.

If you feel comfortable in theis pelase please lease let us know!
We are dying to shoot at a place where are evil ar15's are welcome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top