Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2003 9:42:08 PM EDT
Yep, a really good chance of the thing going right up the Chesapeake bay on Thursday.

Get the Water, Gasoline, Batt's and food before hand if you dont have it now.

If you all want to keep in contact for any reason and need my Cell # just IM me. I will do anything I can to help those who need it if I can. I hope we all feel the same we as well.

Be careful!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Whoa,

Friggin sweet! We're long overdue for some rain. (jk)

Been a while since we had a good hurricane hit us directly. Should be a whopper.

--LS
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Godspeed to you.  Be prepared and stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
This shaping up to be one big, bad event.  If this storm follows the current tracks and makes landfall with 100+ mph winds, there is going to be hell to pay. (Current track has the center passing between my kitchen and the family room ;-).

I'm going to re-assess Tuesday night.  The forecast should be settling in by then.  I'm having a hard time imaging the effect of 100+ mph winds.

I went to Home Depot to buy some clothesline to lash down the deck furniture.  Folks were stripping the store clean of batteries, flashlights and plastic sheeting.  The grocery stores should be pretty ugly by Tuesday night.

CWO
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I know it sounds crazy,
but I am putting all my guns and anything I have thats worth a lot to me or worth money in my Xterra just in case I have to bug out. I have insurance and all that, but why risk it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]
M4_a_u,

Yea that does sound a little crazy.

I'd love to be down wind of wherever you park that 'lil flying box of joy.

"X-Terra? No, I ain't seen no X-Terra!"

--LS
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like it isnt going to be as bad as they were saying.

Still, I live very close to the Bay and the winds will be around 80-100 Mph. so thats still a heavy wind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top