Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 3:23:51 PM EDT
VA Black Rifle Day!

Anyone else going to this? I am pretty sure I'll make it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You beat me to it! I just saw your response in the BRD thread and came hear to put out a formal invitation in this forum.

Well, M4 got it started for me, but you are all invited to come down to VA and have some fun with the rest of us. This promises to be a great day for all. I know it is a bit of a drive for you, but we already have some members from NJ, and SC coming down and you are closer then they are.

I look forward to meeting some of you guys, so come on out if you can.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to make it but its way the hell out there in the boonies.  I estimate it at a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive for me.

CWO
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd like to make it but its way the hell out there in the boonies.  I estimate it at a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive for me.

CWO

Richmond isnt too far...

What part of MD are you in?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CWO

Richmond isnt too far...

What part of MD are you in?

Thats just a day trip for people in VA.

M4, are you sure you know where the shoot is going to be held? The range is about an hour farther south of Richmond.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thats just a day trip for people in VA.

M4, are you sure you know where the shoot is going to be held? The range is about an hour farther south of Richmond.

Uh oh...

I though it was in Richmond An hour below of there is about a 5 and 1/2 hour drive.

Im sorry man, I think I am not going to make it

I will try to get to the NOVA shoot though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys must drive like old ladies.

I went up to NJ for their shoot this weekend and then left this morning. I made it from the northeastern corner of NJ down to my area in about 6hrs. You just have to keep up with the flow of traffic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I show Gaithersburg, MD to Chase City, VA to be approx. 217 miles - about 1/3 of the trip off the highway (I'm assuming traffic lights and the usual array of local cops).  Given the off-highway portion I estimate it to be a 4 hour trip, one way (for me).

While I'm second to no-one in the speed department - I don't cook at 90 mph with cases of ARs, AKs and ammo in the trunk.  

CWO
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:44:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I show Gaithersburg, MD to Chase City, VA to be approx. 217 miles - about 1/3 of the trip off the highway (I'm assuming traffic lights and the usual array of local cops).  Given the off-highway portion I estimate it to be a 4 hour trip, one way (for me).

While I'm second to no-one in the speed department - I don't cook at 90 mph with cases of ARs, AKs and ammo in the trunk.  

CWO

Your probably pretty close on your estimate of time. It actually may take a little longer because it is your first time making the trip. It is actually a pretty nice trip once you get south of Richmond, but it can seem long. Either way, I still hope that you guys can make it down. If not, maybe the next time.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#9]

I though it was in Richmond An hour below of there is about a 5 and 1/2 hour drive.

I'm looking at 7 hours plus.  I'd do that for a two-day shoot (come down Friday night, leave Sunday), but it's too far for a day trip.  And I like to drive <g>.

jafager
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#10]
6 - 7 hours for me too.  Jafager, we must live close together.  I live in RS MD.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm looking at 7 hours plus.  I'd do that for a two-day shoot (come down Friday night, leave Sunday), but it's too far for a day trip.  And I like to drive <g>.

jafager

I have family in Gettysburg, PA and can make it there in about 4 1/2 hours. You could always come down on Friday and go home Sunday. We do have some people staying at the local motel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top