Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 11:00:26 AM EDT
As some of you know, I got my C&R the other day. There may be a few thinking of this process but are worried about the MDSP and knowing you have a house full of guns that didn't go through their "Special Back Ground Check". I for one was worried about that due to their knee jerk reactions to confiscate a persons firearms for the most minuscule reason.

Anyhow, what I did when filling out the C&R app. was instead of using the Jessup MDSP CLEO person to send the other copy of the app. to. I sent it to the County that I reside in CLEO. For instance it was The CLEO of AACO in Millersville.

Just a heads up that it worked for me and it is 100% legal and acceptable by the BATFE.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on getting your C & R. Be prepared to go broke! And you're right about the CLEO issue. The BATF requires that you inform (not request permission from) your local CLEO of your intentions to obtain the license. This can mean the Sheriff, Commissioner or COP of the county or city in which you reside. The state police do not need to be notified.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top