BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2003 8:53:31 AM EDT
Check here for new thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=29&t=170911

So for this month I proposed a cookout at my place and some people actually took me up on it.  Whoo-hoo 0 travel time!!  
[dr. hibberd]Anywho...heh heh heh[/dr. hibberd]

I'm putting it up for a vote as I'll be free on both the 14th and 21st.  You guys tell me what dates sre better for you.  Forest wants the 21st.  Anyone else want the 21st?

Burgers, sausage, dogs, well anyhting meat related that is.   If you want anything specific you'll have to bring it but I propose buying food and beer and everyone just chipping in for the cost.

I'll still have to see if we can do a little shooting that day too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
21st is fine with me.

I think I will spare the red meat though, Im bringing Bohca burgers and Veggie hotdogs!
MMMmmmmmMMMMM
Should I bring beer?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
14th for me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
14th for me.

Yeah me too. I dont care what day its on.

Does it have to be on a Saturday? How about Sundays ,good for anyone? I may get a new job next week and I may not be able to get out of my new work on Sat's till 5pm
That doesnt mean you work out the cookout around me, but I would like to come.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:33:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah Sunday's are good too.  If more people can make a Sunday then that's fine.  

As far as food and such I was planning on getting burgers, dogs, mac & potato salads, chips, and beer(probably a couple cases of miller lite or a case of miller lite and yuengling)
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like sundays. But again, dont plan anything around my avaliblity. I am just saying I like Sundays better.

Hey, BBQMan. you mind if I bring my g/f along. She lives right down the street fromy ou and I will probably be coming from her house anyway.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah. You forgot to add a poll to this thread!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#7]
oh yeah....would help, huh?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I added "Sunday June 22nd" per BBQmans request.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't make it the 14-15 weekend.
I'll be under fire in Fredericksburg, VA.
I guess it is actually behind fire.
I'm helping with the 2003 Summer Blast USPSA match Range Officering for the weekend.
Actually the 21-22 weekend is not good either. I'll be helping setup for the Mid-Atlantic match in York, PA. which is the weekend after that.

Guess I'll have to wait until the next outing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey 9Supercomp!

How have you been, you were MIA since the last shoot and I thought we scared you away

Mam, can I tell you something. I had a dream I was shooting your 9Supercomp the other night! I think IPSC is calling me........

Anyhow, it would be great to have your company again!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:22:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Been really busy the last few weeks and it will continue for several more weeks. Between 2 jobs, house work (new siding and deck), helping my parents out with some stuff in PA, and the USPSA matches I keep getting voluenteered to help with.
I think I'm taking July off and have some fun.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:52:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Have not voted on a date yet but I am curious what the drive from Fredericksburg Va to your house would be like?

Also 9supercomp could you divulge a bit more info on your shoot here in Fredericksburg. I want to know more about this competition, where it is taking place etc. Maybe we could get together for lunch or dinner when you get down here. Would love to meet you.

Nick
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Have not voted on a date yet but I am curious what the drive from Fredericksburg Va to your house would be like?

Also 9supercomp could you divulge a bit more info on your shoot here in Fredericksburg. I want to know more about this competition, where it is taking place etc. Maybe we could get together for lunch or dinner when you get down here. Would love to meet you.

Nick

Timewise would be about 2-3 hours, depending on your foot.  Its fairly easy though.

95 to 695 to 83 and alomost to PA line.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#14]
whisper300
What I shoot is IPSC/USPSA United States Practical Shooting Association. They have matches all over the country every weekend (and some during the week). The one referenced in the thread is at the Fredericksburg Rod and Gun Club. Located off of 17 South. June 13-15. The Range Officers shoot Friday afternoon and everyone else shoots either Sat or Sun.
More info can be found at www.uspsa.org under area 8/major matches/2003 Summer Blast.
They also have local matches there on the first Sunday of the month.
We would love to have you come out and try a match. Tino Di Mattina is in charge of that one. He is a great guy to work with.

I can't promise, but would like to have supper with you. I'll be staying at the HoJo's rt#1. Coming in to town Thursday and staying until Sunday evening. Thursday or Friday would work best. Send me an e-mail with your number and I can call you once I get finished for the evening.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Family in town 14/15th

22nd looks good
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:18:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow - you're practically right down the street from me! Can I come????  I can even bring a couple of cases of alternative (Bud) beer!

Seriously, I probably can make it either weekend.

gus

Edited to add: Any of you guys going to Bulletfest?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am curious what the drive from Fredericksburg Va to your house would be like?

Nick

Well, here is a rough estimate.
Click Below:
How Far?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Can I come????

Ofcourse!

There is a member here named Gunman0. I think he's going.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Ah thank you all. When you all settle on a date I will run this by Mrs. Whisper and see if we can jion the festivities. I Look forward to it!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can I come????

Ofcourse!

There is a member here named Gunman0. I think he's going.

Yeah he's been talking about it.

Well its looking like the 22nd might be the date.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, the 22nd is best for me too.  Then I go to bulletfest the next weekend.  I just bought an SKS and a couple thousand rounds of misc ammo to bring to bulletfest.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Can I bring a Yugo SKS and launch inert Rifle Propelled Grenaeds? Pretty Please??

Also, if you want some more people to come, you should post an invite over at the PA board. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok, its posted in the PA forum.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#24]
*mmmm, free food, mmmmm*
 Look for Lil Ops and I n the 22nd.  Ops
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess its gonna be the 22nd!

See you all there! Are you fellas goig to try my veggie dogs and burgers? They are really good.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:37:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll go for actual dead cow flesh myself, thanks!

Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'll go for actual dead cow flesh myself, thanks!

Yeah, thats good tasting stuff too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#28]
MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM  im getting hungry
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#29]
If I may ask who all is invited? Ar15.com members or ar15 owners or local Marylanders. I
went to the unoffical  ar15 shoot at the
Marriotsville range. Is this the same group
of people? If the invite is open I would
like to attend.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If I may ask who all is invited? Ar15.com members or ar15 owners or local Marylanders. I
went to the unoffical  ar15 shoot at the
Marriotsville range. Is this the same group
of people? If the invite is open I would
like to attend.

Thanks

Yeah man, you can come! That would be cool.

Also, where the hell is "VNM", I see it as your location under your member name.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#31]
I also posted this at the MDAR15Shooter site.
Just a little FYI.

Hey BBQ man, I hope there wont be too many ppl for you to handel!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:00:05 AM EDT
[#32]
So long as there aren't a bunch of drunks running around it'll be cool.  I do need to know how many people are coming though.

I'll provide food and drinks if people want to chip in like $10, sound fair??

I'll plan on suppling drinks (Iced tea, coke, sprite)burgers, dogs, (some) sausage, potato and mac salads, cole slaw, chips, some desserts.

If you want me to get beer I'm only getting 1 type so you need to decide what you all want.  I was thinking Miller lite.  

I need to know how many people are coming before Wednesday next week (6/18/03)

I hope I'm not coming across as a jerk, I just want to keep things moving so I can get everything taken care of and make sure things run smoothly.  

Hope to see some new faces.  Ohh and M4 bring your SKS and grenades...so long as they're inert and don't go kaboom(though that'd be fun)it should be ok.

Directions will be sent to everyone coming via IM....don't want to broadcast directions to my place.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I'll be there, but I won't be drinking.

Directions are easy:  You turn left at that road, then turn the other way 2 miles down, then its a hidden driveway that you need a 27" of ground clearance to make it up.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:13:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'll be there, but I won't be drinking.

Directions are easy:  You turn left at that road, then turn the other way 2 miles down, then its a hidden driveway that you need a 27" of ground clearance to make it up.

Its not that bad...our friend made it up in his Camaro SS.  You just have to go slow.  Now if you have a lowered car or some ridiculous slammed thing then no I wouldn't drive it.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Sounds good to me!

I dont drink much either, if you remember the Hooters meet, I have like two beers and I was done.

$10 bucks sounds good to chip in.

Also, its not 100% I will have my Yugo SKS so I maybe next time we can have grenade fun.

See you all there!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:45:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Ok, so far all that's confirmed is:
Gunman0
M4_Aiming_at_U +1
beareus

Everyone else that expressed interest let me know for sure if you're coming.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm in. Just need to know time & location.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Location is in Northern Baltimore Co. (just south of PA line)  and the time will be around 12ish  basicly just show up and we'll start grillin'.  anyone interested in volleyball??  I was thinking of getting a net.  I already have horseshoes setup.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Sorry guys, I don't get back into Harrisburg until 11 am that day.

Probably won't work, plus I'll be wiped out from a cross country redeye flight
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Sorry guys, I don't get back into Harrisburg until 11 am that day.

Probably won't work, plus I'll be wiped out from a cross country redeye flight

Sorry you won't make it...but I am only 30 min south of you if you want to stop by for a little bit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey BBQ its cool for my G/F to come right, since she does live right down the road and I will be at her house that morning anyhow.
What do ya think?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I may have to bow out. If not, I'll let you know I'm coming at least several days in advance. I drink a little, but never to excess.
Well, almost never.....no worries!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Hey BBQ its cool for my G/F to come right, since she does live right down the road and I will be at her house that morning anyhow.
What do ya think?

Yeah she can come.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:02:44 AM EDT
[#44]
You asked where is vnm?

It is Vietnam. I used that location for several
reasons. It kinda seems like the birth place
of the ar15/m16(under fire). I missed it by a few years. And even though I wasn't there, for the guys that were I have a respect for them who fought a war that we should not have. They have seen a reality that makes our problems here seem like kindergarden. The same holds true for all the wars our people have fought. Its just Vietnam was the war at the time I was in High
school so I can relate to it more.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Ok gents, who is coming and not ckecked in yet, please do

BBQ man needs to know how many will come!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to attend. Gotta work, or I won't be able to get the next weekend off for Bulletfest.
I'll be at the next one though!!

You guys have fun!

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey, M4 have you heard from any of the Deleware guys to see if they wanted to come?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Hey, M4 have you heard from any of the Deleware guys to see if they wanted to come?

No, I havent heard from ZMan. I think he;s still pissed at me.
I'll see if Stryker is coming, e-mailing him now...
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm probably not going to make it to the cookout now.  I have to work on sunday from 12-6, so I couldn't be there until 7 at the earliest.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm probably not going to make it to the cookout now.  I have to work on sunday from 12-6, so I couldn't be there until 7 at the earliest.

WHAT! Now you aren't going to be there?

BBQ, if you want to reschedule until we can get more people that's fine with me. I would hate for you to go through all of this and only have a few people show up, know what I mean?

Its all up to you brother.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top