Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 3:39:29 PM EDT
I live in Silver Spring MD and am having a hard time finding an FFL that will accept a transfer from a private citizen from MO. The FFL that I usually deal with and have bought a bunch of guns and stuff from won't help me out. He says that only mom and pop FFL's accept private transfers. That's why I drove a half hour out of my way to buy Kimber 1911 mags from someone else. I'm kinda pissed. I'm not gonna buy from him anymore. Does anyone else know an FFL that will do this, or is he right, and I'm being unreasonable?
Thanks,
2IDdoc out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that Gunbroker.com and/or Auctionarms.com have an FFL lookup.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you looked at the FFL list I tacked up on this board?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Also,
Try "Lou's" thats on the list. I think he charges $30 to transer from a private sale and he is in Bowie MD.

I know he transfered an AR15 Lower from me to my mom so maybe he will do it from a private guy in MO or where ever you getting it from.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Lou's first - if that doesn't work out then send me an e-mail I've got contact info on one in Columbia that Fight4YourRights has used in the past.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Have you looked at the FFL list I tacked up on this board?

Can't see the forest for the trees, or in this case the tree because of the forest. Thanks M4.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I contacted Lou. He's a great guy and I can't wait to do business with him. Finally an FFL I like!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I contacted Lou. He's a great guy and I can't wait to do business with him. Finally an FFL I like!

That's good to hear. Just make sure you get his quote in writing (that's all I'm saying about the matter)
Also, try not to stare at his ceiling too much either hehe Anyone who has been to his shop knows what I am talking about!

Oh yeah, you better come to one of our shoots sometime soon with your new toys or we are all gonna come down and kidnap your ass!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top