BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2022 11:27:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I don’t see that it went anywhere. But wasn’t aware of it to begin with. Tagging in for more info.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I was surprised when I read about that a month or so ago.  To think that they were even considering letting a bunch of Fudds wander around the swamps of the metro area armed with aught sixes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was surprised when I read about that a month or so ago.  To think that they were even considering letting a bunch of Fudds wander around the swamps of the metro area armed with aught sixes.
View Quote
I think it has more to do with letting people hunt with rifles in the rural areas of the southern HALF of the state.

I just did a quick search on the matter and could only find a few articles from January. Nothing current.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny thing characterizing some hunters as "fudds" is down right funny.  Because all you have to do is look at lack of safe gun handling ability of most people hunting.
Shooting at movement and sound rather than a game animal that is in season. They dismount their tree stands with a loaded gun and OOPS the gun goes off and wounds the person getting out of their stand.  
Oh, so many people talk about shooting skills.....but they do not possess the skill themselves.  I think that saying people in glass houses should not throw stones comes into play.
Last but not least. When "we" start characterizing different segments of gun owners then the anti's just get more ammo for their side.  Think about that.

That is like several years back.....I was out I94 just west of Maple Grove headed east.....a big shiny suburban comes along side....there was a "repeal conceal and carry" sticker....and you know what other stickers were on that suburb....North American Hunt Club, Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.....to funny.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm also trying to get a handle on this. Even sent the MN deer hunters association an email to learn more, but I haven't heard back. I have yet to understand where the hangup is or why the DNR can't just make the change. The article I read made it sound like legislation was needed to be brought up an passed.

With CWD, it would really help nock back some of the heards.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#8]
If I remember correctly, the legislation passed the house, but there was one Republican Senator down in the SE part of the state that demanded his county be left shotgun only so it didn't pass.

The best source of info on this would be the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus. We all need to be paying members of this group as I'm sure the metro commies will going all out on gun control this next session.

https://gunowners.mn/join/

Stay away from the grifters at Minnesota Gun Rights.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Well said. 100% agree.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I remember correctly, the legislation passed the house, but there was one Republican Senator down in the SE part of the state that demanded his county be left shotgun only so it didn't pass.

The best source of info on this would be the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus. We all need to be paying members of this group as I'm sure the metro commies will going all out on gun control this next session.

https://gunowners.mn/join/

Stay away from the grifters at Minnesota Gun Rights.
View Quote

So true.  Stay away from Minnesota Gun Rights.  Join the Gun Owners Caucus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top