Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2022 2:11:18 PM EDT
What the heck was the name of that gargantuan playground ? I think it might have been in Burnsville. I grew up in Bloomington so it was like 45 minutes away but not in mpls or st. p. It was that round log wood they were building them out of back then. I recall it had like a 50 foot slide and a 70 food slide. The plastic tube kind that gave you hamstring burns and static electric hair when you came out.

I just remember the thing looking like a mountain.

Sort of like this but taller. Anyone remember a playground like that?

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I remember the place you're talking about.

I do vividly remember the zip line at a park in Richfield
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If it’s the park I’m thinking of, it’s been redone since then.  I think this is the one you’re talking about, used to be called Skyland Playground:

Playground in Burnsville
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that you're thinking of Chutes and ladders.

I remember it from the mid 90's. It was still mostly made of wood back then.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep- Chutes and Ladders!

It was a wild place to go on a field trip as a youngster. I remember it was all wood construction w/metal slides, built into a hillside. Lots of injuries.

It was awesome.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think that you're thinking of Chutes and ladders.

I remember it from the mid 90's. It was still mostly made of wood back then.
View Quote

I do believe that's it.

Wow, that does not look like a 70 foot slide. I was a lot smaller back then though.

Here's one from Michigan. Also called cutes and ladders. That looks a lot more than how i remember it but I don't think we ever made it over to the UP.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember going to that place as a kid, thought it was the coolest thing ever back then.
At least I'm pretty sure it was Chutes and Ladders, it was huge and wood.

But i was pretty young at the time and cant really remember where it was.
View Quote

It's near Hyland Lake/Hyland Hills Ski Area in Bloomington. Near that big ski jump you can see from a ways off.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I do believe that's it.

Wow, that does not look like a 70 foot slide. I was a lot smaller back then though.

https://i.imgur.com/XTfg9l2.png

Here's one from Michigan. Also called cutes and ladders. That looks a lot more than how i remember it but I don't think we ever made it over to the UP.
https://www.keweenaw.info/wp-content/uploads/glm-member-db/images/large/memb_333_chutes_ladders_1595353518.jpg
View Quote

A half dozen years ago in the winter my wife's uncle went down the slide shown in the picture in the UP (Houghton).  Unfortunately the end was covered in snow and was heavily iced over.  His buddies ended up needing to get a rope to get him out.  I was surprised they don't block the top off because of that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top