Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2022 8:35:16 PM EDT
Just got an email from Tina Smith expressing her enthusiasm over the passage of this bill. I tried to look up what it is and can only find glowing reports from left leaning websites. Lots of talk about "bipartisan support". I figure there's a good chance that means every democratic supported it as well as 1 or 2 Republicans. Does anybody know what this thing actually is and what it's effects will be? Is it a nothingburger or is it important?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Requiring the postal service to maintain its standard 6-day a week delivery
Requiring the agency to create an online dashboard to track national delivery time
Allowing the agency to contract with state, local and tribal leaders and governments to offer non-mail services such as hunting and fishing licenses
Requiring future agency retirees to enroll in Medicare, which is expected to save around $22.7 billion over the next decade
Eliminating a requirement — put in place by a 2006 bill — to pre-fund health benefits for its employees, which is expected to save the agency around $27 billion in the next decade
The bill will also give the agency financial reprieve as it eliminates $57 billion in past-due postal liabilities and $50 billion in payments for the next decade.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, that doesn't sound so bad. Nothing tacked on against gun owners?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a bail out package.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a bail out package.
View Quote

Yep.......Sounds to me taxpayers are going to pay more again and more "services" controlled by .gov it's a lose/lose proposition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top