Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2022 7:10:57 PM EDT
Now Minneapolis and St Paul have vaccine mandates.  These people are insane. We stopped going to the twin cities a few years ago and this just cements this.  I wish we could wall off the whole metro area.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of my friends, relatives, and myself stopped going in 2020. This just helps cement the deal. Rampant crime with only innocent people being arrested,wokeness everywhere, now this.  Congratulations, I will never spend a dime. It sucks at times because some of my favorite restaurants or venues are there. No more Twins or Wild or comedy clubs. My wife and I frequently eat out at nice restaurants. We have no children so it is easy to just day let's go to such and such. We spent a couple of grand a year in those cities on just food. It was our thing, with no kids and all of our friends and relatives our age having younger children, it got us out of the house. We both like fancy restaurants and good food.

Now I typically try to avoid hennepin and Ramsey county as a whole, not just Minneapolis or St Paul.  If I could convince my wife I'd already be in south Dakota.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I ended up getting the vax anyways, I had a trip to vegas and thought I would need it to fly. This was before all the forced stuff. Just out of spite I wouldn't do it now. That said, just on principal I won't spend another dime on the cities either.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The whole metro area is a no go for me. St. Cloud metro as well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny how big box stores can get away without contact tracing or being held accountable like the smaller biz are.

TGT and BBY spend good money paying off local politicians so they would be impacted as little as possible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Havn't been down in the cities since the George Floyd thing

Don't plan on being down there ever again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been on the job hunt for a bit.

A close friend is trying to hook me up but HQ is in Minneapolis.

Decent opportunity but I'm really on the fence about it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been on the job hunt for a bit.

A close friend is trying to hook me up but HQ is in Minneapolis.

Decent opportunity but I'm really on the fence about it.
View Quote
Is it actually in Minneapolis, or just close by (Bloomington, Richfield, etc.)?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it actually in Minneapolis, or just close by (Bloomington, Richfield, etc.)?
View Quote

It's central Minneapolis.

If it were neighboring, I wouldn't be AS hesitant.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Even Minnetonka passed an emergency mask mandate, the braindead fascist insanity is everywhere in the Metro now...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top