Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2021 5:40:22 PM EDT
Hennepin County Sheriff Hutchinson arrested for DUI near Alexandria Dec. 8th, early AM.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MNHENNE/bulletins/2ffea29?
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure that this is the only place I'll hear of it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The Fargo Forum had big spread.

Back in the mid 80's Grand Forks County ND sheriff had 3 DWI in a short period of time.  Two in ND
were from the same ND Highway Patrol Officer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Arrowwood should be closed.  The place has contributed to a lot of problems for public servants.!
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Hated his response, “I’m lucky to be alive”.

Yeah, from a decision you made and now want sympathy? For the same thing you’ve handed out crippling fines and jail time for?

Actually been on the news almost daily for a bit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The sheriff does not adjudicate the law.  
Judges in conjunction with juries ( at times ) do that!
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Can't believe this loser hasn't resigned yet.  DUI's, especially with property damage and/or bodily injury, should be immediately disqualifying for any law enforcement and doubly so for an elected Sheriff.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't believe this loser hasn't resigned yet.  DUI's, especially with property damage and/or bodily injury, should be immediately disqualifying for any law enforcement and doubly so for an elected Sheriff.
View Quote

Well he quickly pled guilty to a single misdemeanor DUI charge. I'm sure he'll get the whisky plates and interlock device for his office vehicle right?  And I assume Herr Walz will be right along with a press conference demanding the Sheriff's resignation, after he sets aside some time from all his blather about masks and vaccine mandates.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Shit.... the rank-n-file that followed the pothead/dui-leader around are already trying to hunt down anyone who has been leaking photos and audio.

"A well placed source" shared with me that nearly a dozen deputies have been told "keep your yap shut if ya know whats good for ya".

The over-under is Valentines day that he is gone. HC is doing an "internal review" but no idea if it is lead by internal affairs or political hacks. (mostly the same crew from what I am hearing)
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The sheriff does not adjudicate the law.  
Judges in conjunction with juries ( at times ) do that!
View Quote

Its up to the HC Attorney if they decide to bring charges or not.

Considering he was NOT arrested or booked after the accident... Mike Freeman is not a Soros lefty (but he is a lefty) and has gone after dirty cops before.

Time will tell if this is handled by Internal Affairs or by the HC prosecutors.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Its up to the HC Attorney if they decide to bring charges or not.
NO THIS WAS IN DOUGLAS COUNTY NOT HENNEPIN COUNTY

Considering he was NOT arrested or booked after the accident... Mike Freeman is not a Soros lefty (but he is a lefty) and has gone after dirty cops before.

Time will tell if this is handled by Internal Affairs or by the HC prosecutors.

He plead guilty; the criminal law part of the incident is over.  HC Sheriiff's Dept may have some issues with him that have yet to be worked on?  

Link Posted: 12/19/2021 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#12]
[For those who scream in capitol red letters]

The vehicle he crashed was HC property.
He was operating county equipment while impaired (per his plea).
Hennepin county can go after him for the costs, among other violations of county employee rules.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#13]
2 years probation, $610 in fines, 90 days in jail suspended sentence based on successful completion of probation. Charge of carrying a pistol while intoxicated will be dismissed upon completion of probation as well.  He's still subject to professional ethics discipline and licensing censure from the MN POST Board and repayment of damages to Douglas County and the HCSO for his property damage.  If he had an ounce of shame, he'd have already resigned.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#14]
He’s only 41 years old?  That’s a rough 41.  I guess the booze takes its toll.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He’s only 41 years old?  That’s a rough 41.  I guess the booze takes its toll.
View Quote

"Rode hard and put away wet..."

That guy wont be making it to 50 at the rate his is going.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If he had an ounce of shame, he'd have already resigned.
View Quote

Yeah, no DFL resign in shame in this state. They just run for higher office.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Some fun new information on the DUI accident finally coming to light (no wonder he was so quick to settle the charges...) no thanks to the leftist metro media cartel.

Apparently he had an open bottle of “Eagle Rare Bourbon” in the passenger compartment of the vehicle...

His urine sample tested by State Highway Patrol officers hours after the accident showed a blood alcohol level of .13...

The person who called in the accident to 911 (not Hutchinson) stated that a male party was crawling along the road and the vehicle was wrecked so badly they'd need a flatbed to haul it out...

The sheriff told officers who arived at the scene of his drunken driving crash that someone else was driving his vehicle, going so far as trying to say he called a cab and the cabbie was actually driving...

Here's some pics of the crash from an independent local reporter... https://twitter.com/RebsBrannon/status/1471523184537047042

The drunk was lucky to walk away from this, but luck had nothing to do with his slap on the wrist and job protection. Not only did he obviously receive what's known as "professional courtesy" after the accident and for his charging/sentencing, he's also part of the lib club, note these buffoons and how none of them have called for his resignation or removed their endorsements... https://www.davehutchforsheriff.com/endorsements

Also the Medina PO has apparently launched a retaliatory investigation of the only journalist who's unafraid to report on this story.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#19]
And...I'm not surprised I'm right. One of myriad reasons I pulled out of town on June 29th, 2021 for the last time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
And...I'm not surprised I'm right. One of myriad reasons I pulled out of town on June 29th, 2021 for the last time.
View Quote

Luckily for you, there is no political cronyism or corruption in any other parts of the country.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Luckily for you, there is no political cronyism or corruption in any other parts of the country.
View Quote

True

It's not always so blatant though.

I have friends feeling out a recall effort right now, not that I think it'll work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top