Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2021 11:31:21 AM EDT
Shooting last night at a bar across from Cosseta's on West 7th.  So far, 1 dead and 14 wounded.  

If Minneapolis and Saint Paul were buddies walking through the woods, Saint Paul would have been the buddy who could run the fastest when the grizzly bear showed up.  In other words, at least Minneapolis sucked more.  

I don't take much pleasure writing this, since I lived in Saint Paul for eight years and also spent a large chunk of my youth there.  This year we said enough and moved to a suburb.  Unfortunately that area of West 7th near the Xcel Center was the one last spot suburbanites would consider traveling to the city to spend their money at.  It was good while it lasted; we'll see what it looks like if and when the smoke clears.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I pass through St. Paul to go from where I live to a place that I'd like to live, but that's it. All it is to me is a slow spot in the road.

And FWIW, I still hate Minneapolis more.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
They should build a wall around the twin cities and let it burn!!!!!! The idiot residents voted for there idiot mayors and council persons, let them reap what they sew!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They should build a wall around the twin cities and let it burn!!!!!! The idiot residents voted for there idiot mayors and council persons, let them reap what they sew!!!!!
View Quote

Is there a big seamstress population in the Twin Cities?
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone even mentioned this is pretty much all gang related violence?
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone even mentioned this is pretty much all gang related violence?
View Quote

Anytime you see the term "gun violence" just substitute gang for gun and you'll have the reality.  

And EVERYONE is afraid to use the term gang: politicians, police leaders and public affairs types, media.  Once you start paying attention to how that term ISN'T used it becomes really weird.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2021 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The COP of St. Paul in one interview with KARE 11 sure was take shots at the prosecutor's office, the Freedom Fund, the City Administration.
It was funny how he repeated the material several times to reporter.  

Those "alleged" to have been the shooters were convicted felons already so they were breaking the law to begin with.

Does anyone actually go to jail any more?
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Does anyone actually go to jail any more?
View Quote

If the county attorney actually presses charges the judges often stay sentences or they just let them out after a partial sentence is served.  Pretty bullshit
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn I didn't realize the location of that bar since I never heard of it. Man that area was usually pretty safe for people to visit. I lived in down town st paul for 10 years, not that long ago. It was all relatively safe as long as you didn't leave "downtown". Guess people get what they vote for.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#9]
This comes as no big surprise: https://alphanews.org/walz-appointee-let-mass-shooting-suspect-walk-two-months-before-shooting/

According to Crime Watch Minneapolis, Brown was convicted on a gross misdemeanor DWI charge in August and sentenced to 365 days in a correctional facility. But the bulk of that sentence was stayed by Hennepin County Judge Julia Dayton Klein, who credited Brown with 86 days already served, stayed the remaining 279 days, and put him on probation for five years, court documents confirm.
View Quote

So one of the accused should have been in jail.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't take much pleasure writing this, since I lived in Saint Paul for eight years and also spent a large chunk of my youth there.  This year we said enough and moved to a suburb.  Unfortunately that area of West 7th near the Xcel Center was the one last spot suburbanites would consider traveling to the city to spend their money at.  It was good while it lasted; we'll see what it looks like if and when the smoke clears.  

View Quote

Completely agree with the part in red. Cosettas, Waldman Brewing, Shamrock’s, Mancini’s, etc….West 7th was basically the last urban place we still enjoyed. Would be a complete shame if even that is “gone” too now
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Crime in St. Paul will finish what Covid started by closing many more small businesses.

Murderapolis has been feeling this as well.

Guv Stupid and AG crazy have been targeting small businesses while making sure to take care of bigger biz (like no contact-tracing at TGT, BBY, HD, Lowes, Menards...etc).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top