Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2021 8:36:39 AM EDT
Possibly moving to the area for work.
Wondering what options there are for the Elk River area renting.
Have a doggo and prefer a house over townhome/apartment.
Within 15-20min would be slick especially if NW of Elk River (away from mpls).

Just seems with the current state of things it is a bunch of renting companies
with homes north of $2200. I was hoping for 1750-2000. I am not 100% excited about
moving to the area, so any help/info would really be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Possibly moving to the area for work.
Wondering what options there are for the Elk River area renting.
Have a doggo and prefer a house over townhome/apartment.
Within 15-20min would be slick especially if NW of Elk River (away from mpls).

Just seems with the current state of things it is a bunch of renting companies
with homes north of $2200. I was hoping for 1750-2000. I am not 100% excited about
moving to the area, so any help/info would really be appreciated.
View Quote

Which direction from Elk River will you be traveling for work? Hwy 10 through town is a mess right now.
They are fixing it in anticipation of a 4 year construction project on Hwy 169 through town. The four year plan is to put overpasses in at all the lights on 169.

My shop is right off hwy 10 on the East side of Elk River. My wife works on the North side of town near 169.
We are trying to leave the area. It's constantly growing and it's gotten to busy around here for us.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have lived here 5 years now. I kinda like the town. Has everything you need. Not toooo many Karens lol. It's far enough away from the "cities" that crime is still pretty low. Yeah, Hwy 10 is a mess right now and soon 169 will be also. But there are back roads that you can use to bypass all that. Ramsey is the city to the south, lots of rentals there but you are right, rental prices are threw the roof right now. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I found a spot NW of there about 20 min out. It’s a good opportunity for me to advance my career so want to give it a shot. Will be applying for my CC when I move there so hoping the local LE isn’t a turd.
I’m seeing they’ll require a training session within 30 days of application? Any good spots around?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I found a spot NW of there about 20 min out. It’s a good opportunity for me to advance my career so want to give it a shot. Will be applying for my CC when I move there so hoping the local LE isn’t a turd.
I’m seeing they’ll require a training session within 30 days of application? Any good spots around?
View Quote

MN is shall issue now, through the sheriff.

Can't speak to training up that way, but instructors are easy to find any place in the metro. Quality of training...well, YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, have not been too impressed by any of the places I've gone to for classes.
Maybe I"ll try and find one around me now before heading that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top