Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2021 11:46:02 AM EDT
Drove through a small tourist area just north of our house. Place is packed but 90% of the plates are MN, rest are IL.

No wonder you can't find a water front property for a decent price. All the ducks are driving up prices.

Could hardly even see the water with all the jet ski's, pontoons and ski boats. Looked like great fun..

So is MN really the place of 10000 lakes? Why does the whole state migrate into WI every weekend. Does MN suck that bad??
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I guess I’d say just drive to any lake in MN and you’ll find the exact same thing on any weekend in the summer.  Our two states border each other, and residents freely travel back and forth.  If you move further East into Wisconsin or west into Minnesota, I suspect that you’ll see fewer license plates from the other state.  There are a lot more people who want to hang out on lakes than there are lakes, so they tend to get kind of crowded in the summer, no matter where you are.  

Did you just move to Wisconsin from Pakistan or something, or why is this confusing to you?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
As terrible as the business and tax environment in MN is, there’s still a lot of highly compensated employees.  Those people are buying up all the decent cabins in MN so yeah I imagine cabins in WI get looked at too.

I don’t go in the Wisconsin forum complaining about all the WI vehicles clogging the streets on the east side of the cities although I definitely could.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#5]
When I lived in NE ND.  The people there spread out in MN.  They went to Brainerd Area, Baudette, Bemidji, Park Rapids/Nevis, and DL/Perham area lakes.
But if you drove over to the Devils Lake area you would see fair amount of MN plates and boats in tow.
A relief pharmacist that worked for my uncle.  Her family was from Jamestown, and their family cabin was near Park Rapids.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don’t go in the Wisconsin forum complaining about all the WI vehicles clogging the streets on the east side of the cities although I definitely could.
View Quote

We could at least ask they take back this liar of a rep: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/07/what-rep-john-thompson-represents.php
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Drove through a small tourist area just north of our house. Place is packed but 90% of the plates are MN, rest are IL.

No wonder you can't find a water front property for a decent price. All the ducks are driving up prices.

Could hardly even see the water with all the jet ski's, pontoons and ski boats. Looked like great fun..

So is MN really the place of 10000 lakes? Why does the whole state migrate into WI every weekend. Does MN suck that bad??
View Quote

@Chipper44mag The citiots are ruining northern Minnesota as well. Post 2020 riots their little metro utopia ain't such an awesome place to live.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Left, most of MN is left.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]
My neighbors put their house up for sale, we live 45 minutes north of 694. $550k.  Had non stop showings every 15 minutes from Friday to Monday over labor day weekend.  Thought they were going to have to get a cop to direct traffic.

The flight from Minneapolis is real.

I bought my house here 20 years ago.   Thought I'd retire here.   Now the township is filled with citidots, looking to move another hour north and build on property we own up there as soon as the craziness dies down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#10]
People are moving into MPLS too…Leftists who want to be with their kind.  Property prices are still high in the upper class neighborhoods and houses there are still getting multiple offers over asking.  Which is fine with me; when things really get bad good luck with your neighborhood defense group made up of gender indeterminate artists and dudes who’ve never even killed a housefly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I find Wisconsin to be the state that has lots of fun.  Many towns like Stillwater with half the people and windy hilly roads to boot.  I live on the flat prairie middle of the state, so anything looks nicer than here.  People too busy making money 24/7 to enjoy life around here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My neighbors put their house up for sale, we live 45 minutes north of 694. $550k.  Had non stop showings every 15 minutes from Friday to Monday over labor day weekend.  Thought they were going to have to get a cop to direct traffic.

The flight from Minneapolis is real.

I bought my house here 20 years ago.   Thought I'd retire here.   Now the township is filled with citidots, looking to move another hour north and build on property we own up there as soon as the craziness dies down.
View Quote

Made the jump from Bloomington, MN to around Kalispell, MT earlier this year. Home on acreage up in the hills with views of Glacier National Park and people with values I can agree with. I’m never coming back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top