Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2021 8:00:15 PM EDT
I will flying into MSP in a couple of weeks and would like to browse some gun shops in the area.  I will be all over from Burnsville to Maple Grove and Forest Lake.  Then Rogers to Alexandria.

I have been to the General Store in Osakis and the shop in Spicer in previous trips.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Well you have to google to find more but off the top of my head
2 Cabelas Rogers and Woodbury
Bill’s has 2 ranges with stores Robbinsdale and Circle Pines
Stock and Barrel has 2 ranges with stores Eagan and Chanhassen
Arnzen Arms Eden Prairie
Scheels Eden Prairie Center there is another location in St. Cloud @ Crossroads Mall
Modern Sportsman in Burnsvile has a range and store
Southwest Arms in Savage
Gunstop Minnetonka
Sportsmans Warehouse Coon Rapids

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Modern Sportsman in Burnsville is pretty nice if you're looking to kill some time.  The box stores are disappointing nowadays.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Alex Pro just north of Alexandria
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Mostly a good list above, the surly guys at Gunstop are a waste of time and Frontiersman off 394 is even worse.  Haven't been there for quite a while but Atomic Tactical in Savage might still be worth a drop in.

Quoted:
Alex Pro just north of Alexandria
View Quote

Not really near the MSP area...
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The list a few posts up is pretty good. DK Mags in New Brighton is one I'd add to the list. Its been a while since I've gone browsing in a gun store, so I don't have a good sense of who has what in stock anymore.

Since you said you're heading up to Alexandria later, it might be worth it to stop by Alex Pro Firearms. They're about 10 miles north of Alexandria. Their storefront is pretty barebones, but it seems like every time I go there there are some hidden gems (usually AR parts).

I stopped going to Frontiersman when the owner came out in favor of some proposed gun regulation. At least that's the way I remember it, I could be wrong.

There is a store in Lakeville that used to be called J&S Custom guns. I think it's Dakota Custom Guns now. Most of their stuff is on the wall behind the counters and is barely organized. Reviews on that place are....mixed.

If you're only going to one Bill's location, I'd recommend the Circle Pines location. I just see more sketchy customers at the Robbinsdale location. I hear that there is a Bill's across the river in Hudson as well, but I've never been to that one.

ETA: I stopped by Modern Sportsman in Burnsville today. Inventory is still good.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:I stopped going to Frontiersman when the owner came out in favor of some proposed gun regulation. At least that's the way I remember it, I could be wrong.
View Quote

He supported and testified in favor of the St Louis Park city council trying to ban home based FFLs from the city. I'm sure he was just thinking about the children and didn't have a conflict of interest or anything...
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mostly a good list above, the surly guys at Gunstop are a waste of time and Frontiersman off 394 is even worse.  Haven't been there for quite a while but Atomic Tactical in Savage might still be worth a drop in.

View Quote

He said he was going to travel to Alexandria, so.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are just looking for guns, then yeah Gunstop is meh, but their inventory focus is really more reloading than firearms proper.  Of course they haven't really had any primers or powder to speak of in a while....
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Another good one it Total Defense in Ramsey in the north suburbs.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Forest lake has BEST DEFENSE gun range and shop, i live in Forest Lake and have only been there once, but it was posh.

Way smaller than say Shooters World in Phoenix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top