Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2021 9:16:53 PM EDT
I've searched and I'm getting some confusing answers. MN doesn't honor my state's CC handgun license. I do know that I can transport one locked in it's case with ammo stored separately during the trip up. My question is this. Once I'm in the park can I carry it and be protected under the Public Law 111-24 or am I still under MN state law for carrying a handgun? Some articles make it seem like anyone no matter where you're from can carry once you're in the park and other places make it sound like state law still applies
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You'd be under state firearms law. If you want to carry it you would need a MN approved CWP to carry it out and loaded.

I would think if it was in your backpack/locker whatever, and it was in its own pistol case not loaded, you wouldn't get into any trouble.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'd be under state firearms law. If you want to carry it you would need a MN approved CWP to carry it out and loaded.

I would think if it was in your backpack/locker whatever, and it was in its own pistol case not loaded, you wouldn't get into any trouble.
View Quote

@Big_Rig_416
Thanks for the clarification. I'm also having problems finding solid info on packing in long guns. I thought of breaking down an AR and putting it in my pack. I'm wanting something to keep in the camp. I wouldn't be toting the rifle around. What's the legalities of non residents having a long gun?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Big_Rig_416
Thanks for the clarification. I'm also having problems finding solid info on packing in long guns. I thought of breaking down an AR and putting it in my pack. I'm wanting something to keep in the camp. I wouldn't be toting the rifle around. What's the legalities of non residents having a long gun?
View Quote

Long guns are pretty lax. They just be unloaded and cased when in "transport." IE in your truck, in your boat, on your four wheeler, etc. Once you get to your camp site/trail/hunting area/state land/etc you can uncase and load, carry them around pretty much wherever. In the BWCA firearms are not allowed to be discharged within like 200 ft of a campsite or portage. AR's aren't restricted here at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top