Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2021 5:35:42 PM EDT
A buddy wanted to buy a new gun so yesterday we went gunstoring and it was pretty dismal---no surprises.  Arnzen, Osseo Gun Club, and Southwest were pretty sparse.  The Modern Sportsman in Burnsville was pleasantly well stocked(ignore their website) for the current environment.  plenty of glocks--my buddy walked out with a G45 and some spare mags($25), HKs, FNs, S&W and 1911s. SIGs not so much-- i think 1 P226 legion and 2 9mm 320s(1 was a VTAC).  Plenty of ARs---DD Wilson Combat Rock River Ruger and a Colt whatever the current model # is for a 6920

at least as of yesterday all hope is not lost.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah, modern sportsman always does have a nice amount of inventory, and I feel like their prices are decent. Ive bought three guns, and optic and some small parts there in the last year alone.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
No reason to get into another caliber unless you have ammo for it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah, modern sportsman always does have a nice amount of inventory, and I feel like their prices are decent. Ive bought three guns, and optic and some small parts there in the last year alone.
View Quote
I was just there today. I bought a box of Hornady .40SW at an almost pre-panic price. The ammo selection wasn't great, but there was definitely stuff on the shelves that I haven't seen at Fleet Farm in a few months now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The Frontiersman has had ads on KQRS recently...I’m pretty sure they made a point to advertise the fact they buy guns (sounded like they could use some more inventory)
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine told me about his one experience with used guns at the frontiersman. His good guns got crappy bids while he was offered way more than other places for his varmint gun with a completely shot out needs to be replaced barrel.  took the money for the varmint gun and kept his others
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Gunstop is a little light on inventory as well, though they do occasionally get stuff in. The new stuff they do get in goes fast though. Some of the used stuff on consignment's been around a while.

There's a newish gun store that opened up in Waverly out here, Click-Click-Boom, and they're pretty well stocked with handguns and decently stocked for rifles...mainly because they're $$MSRP++ sadly For a lot of their inventory, they make Bill's look like there's a sale on.

I haven't been out to Little Crow in a few weeks but the last time I was there, their handgun inventory was really really thin...plenty of the usual hunting/shotgun stuff, but handguns and modern sporting stuff were really thin. Though they did have a couple of new Colt ARs on the back wall..
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top