Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2021 2:26:54 PM EDT
I am in the southern metro--can anyone help me out and tell me how to ship ammo?  Where to go, how to package?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t think anything has changed other than the label requirement.  I believe you now need the “Limited Quantity” placard instead of the “ORM-D” label now.  Download some of those and tape them on the package.  Create a UPS ground label and drop it off at the hub on Oppermann drive in Eagan, or with any UPS driver you happen to see.  Or pay $15 or so to schedule a driver pickup from your house.  Look at the UPS website to confirm that’s still correct.  

UPS shipping ammo

FedEx should be similar.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Remember that Gorillas work for FEDEX and UPS. Pack it in good sturdy boxes and make sure it can not shift in the box.
[
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Easiest:  UPS simple rate using an incognito window.  Draw the 4” diamond with blacked out points and pay $15 for a pickup your house.  You can ship multiple packages on one pickup, with only the one fee, so I bundle all my shipments when possible.

I almost exclusively ship on free USPS priority boxes, the medium and large flat rectangular work almost perfect for ammo boxes when shortened.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I use UPS and do a drop off at a Hub, saves the few bucks on a pickup.  As for using the "free" USPS boxes, you're not supposed to use those unless for USPS per their rules, but to each his own.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use UPS and do a drop off at a Hub, saves the few bucks on a pickup.  As for using the "free" USPS boxes, you're not supposed to use those unless for USPS per their rules, but to each his own.
View Quote

I think the USPS boxes have a disclaimer on them too...but I still use them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Well apparently the OP got it all figured out, since he hasn't been back to the thread in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I read everyone's reply and I appreciate it the info!!!!

Got the run around at the various ups and even fed ex spots...did the home pick up thing and it worked!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:25:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Just shipped from UPS today. They were super nice and it was a breeze.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top