Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2020 8:56:31 AM EDT
I just looked at petersons gun control voting scorecard, he was a gun owners friend apparently.

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you serious?  You know that there are other issues besides guns, right?
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Because there is no 'D' behind her name.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
One less vote for Nancy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just looked at petersons gun control voting scorecard, he was a gun owners friend apparently.

View Quote

My best friend from back in college lives in the 7th District (I used to once upon a time...I was my son's age when CP first was elected).  He was telling me about how CP had a better rating from the NRA (A+) than Fischbach.  I expressed only tepid surprise at this revelation and speculated that Fischbach must be on board with certain "reasonable" restrictions or some such thing.  "Like bump fire stock bans", he said.  And I loled.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My best friend from back in college lives in the 7th District (I used to once upon a time...I was my son's age when CP first was elected).  He was telling me about how CP had a better rating from the NRA (A+) than Fischbach.  I expressed only tepid surprise at this revelation and speculated that Fischbach must be on board with certain "reasonable" restrictions or some such thing.  "Like bump fire stock bans", he said.  And I loled.
View Quote

Make no mistake, he only had an A+ rating because his vote was never crucial to passing a piece of gun control legislation.  If a vote would have ever come down to a single yes or no, you can be sure he would vote as his party leadership demanded to curtail your rights if they needed him to break a tie.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Once upon a time Walz had an A+ rating from the NRA.  All the NRA fudds happily voted for A+ Timmy.  The second he announced his run for governor he did a 180 and was all for gun control. A democrat is NEVER your friend and being a single issue voter will lead you down the wrong path from time to time.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Similar to Joe Manchin saying he won't go along with the Democrats' radical ideas.

Until they need his vote, and then he will.  

Shitty politicians.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Because there is no 'D' behind her name.
View Quote

THIS!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I talked with Colin Peterson on several occasions about gun rights and he stated he would Never vote to take 2A rights away from citizens of the US, no matter what his party leadership wanted. I never saw him vote with his party on 2A legislation EVER.

IMO that's was good enough for me, he got my vote every year I lived in that part of the state, in fact he was the only Democrat I ever voted for.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I talked with Colin Peterson on several occasions about gun rights and he stated he would Never vote to take 2A rights away from citizens of the US, no matter what his party leadership wanted. I never saw him vote with his party on 2A legislation EVER.

IMO that's was good enough for me, he got my vote every year I lived in that part of the state, in fact he was the only Democrat I ever voted for.
View Quote

Like stated above, Peterson was allowed by the party to be a pro-gun Democrat because they didn't need him as a number in any of those votes.  The results of congressional votes are never a surprise to those involved, they are completely strategic.  They know how many votes they need, and how many they can sacrifice to keep guys like Peterson in the good graces of their constituents in close areas.  It lets him look like a 2A supporter in his mostly rural district to attract voters who would probably otherwise be tempted to vote Republican.  Like yourself.  You can bet your ass that if they ever would have needed his vote to break a tie on gun legislation, he would not have voted the way you would have liked.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#12]
deleted
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Like stated above, Peterson was allowed by the party to be a pro-gun Democrat because they didn't need him as a number in any of those votes.  The results of congressional votes are never a surprise to those involved, they are completely strategic.  They know how many votes they need, and how many they can sacrifice to keep guys like Peterson in the good graces of their constituents in close areas.  It lets him look like a 2A supporter in his mostly rural district to attract voters who would probably otherwise be tempted to vote Republican.  Like yourself.  You can bet your ass that if they ever would have needed his vote to break a tie on gun legislation, he would not have voted the way you would have liked.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, looks like Fishbach proved herself in her vote on the rigged election, while Emmer and Stauber proved to be RINOS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, looks like Fishbach proved herself in her vote on the rigged election, while Emmer and Stauber proved to be RINOS.
View Quote

Do you have any details?
Source?
Link?
I've been wondering where she stands on this.
I'm not really ready to call her office and be civil.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I heard that this morning as well.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#17]
https://thegoptimes.com/those-who-stood-those-who-cowered-those-who-flipped-the-final-objection-to-a-biden-presidency/?utm_source=TGT%20Master&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:22376114&utm_campaign=Explosive%20Debate,%20Pa.%20GOP%20Refuses%20To%20Swear%20In%20Reelected%20Democratic%20Senator
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#18]
In for derails on this. MN politics is disgusting, ad although CO was the best of the dems i have no illusions that he was a good guy. When you live in a rural district you know about everyone it seems.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://thegoptimes.com/those-who-stood-those-who-cowered-those-who-flipped-the-final-objection-to-a-biden-presidency/?utm_source=TGT%20Master&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:22376114&utm_campaign=Explosive%20Debate,%20Pa.%20GOP%20Refuses%20To%20Swear%20In%20Reelected%20Democratic%20Senator
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Look at it this way--we turned 6 seats to R--can't remember exact, but this is a clear signal to the Dems that outstate is not happy with what's going on.  They have the numbers for President and Senate, but at the state level their district empire is getting whittled away.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Look at it this way--we turned 6 seats to R--can't remember exact, but this is a clear signal to the Dems that outstate is not happy with what's going on.  They have the numbers for President and Senate, but at the state level their district empire is getting whittled away.  

View Quote

They don't care, they think they can overwhelm the legislature with leftist metro Dems and get the majorities without the need to ever campaign in outstate MN.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#22]
What have the republicans done for us lately?

Will they ever with the media warring non stop against
Anything not leftist?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top