Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2020 7:06:11 AM EDT
Wanting to go dogsledding in Eley Minnesota (or somewhere) this winter. This will be the first time for us. While watching youtube i see most dogsled places say you are going to mush the dogs and sled yourself, but the film shows the “guide” crosscountry skier leading and the dogs following him around pulling the sled at a walking pace.

We have horse places here in ohio like that. You could let go of reins and the horses would dutifully follow each other around the same trail they walk every day until back at the barn.
I fear the dogsled vacations are similar.

Anyone know of a place that is more realistic? Someplace that actually takes you out and you drive the dogs by yourself for real? Of course after a little training.

Edit: decided to crosspost in home forum
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
OP see your post in GD.
I added some info.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP see your post in GD.
I added some info.
View Quote

Good info, thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top