Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2020 11:05:45 PM EDT
Has anyone seen a Dead Air Mask in stock at any dealers within a 150 mile radius of the metro, lately?

*edit: Disregard.  Ordered one from SilencerShop.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Was gonna say, your best bet is probably Silencer Shop, Hansohn Brothers, or Capitol Armory...

If you can find a local guy with it in inventory, great, but I've had good luck ordering online and having it sent to a local-ish FFL for transfer (Element Arms, or Arnzen now that Element is sadly gone..)
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was gonna say, your best bet is probably Silencer Shop, Hansohn Brothers, or Capitol Armory...

If you can find a local guy with it in inventory, great, but I've had good luck ordering online and having it sent to a local-ish FFL for transfer (Element Arms, or Arnzen now that Element is sadly gone..)
View Quote

Unfortunately, that's what I was forced to do...

For some items, especially relatively expensive, lifetime purchases, I prefer to handle that which I'm buying before forking over money for it rather than ordering it site unseen.  I mean, what if the particular serial number suppressor I order has a manufacture related issue to the finish/threads/etc... Now I'm stuck repairing a defective product rather than buying an item that was produced correctly the first time.  I mean, this isn't a set of headphones that I can simply take back and exchange for a different pair or get my money back.  I HATE that most of the suppressor 'dealers' in the metro have little to no inventory and just expect people to buy from SilencerShop.  In that line of thinking, why do they stock firearms at all?  Just find what you want and order it from Gunbroker/Davidson's and pay a $50-$100 transfer fee.  As far as I'm concerned, these NFA 'dealers' aren't dealers at all...they're simply transfer agents.  I try when I can to vote with my wallet, but none of the NFA 'dealers' around here stock what is arguably the best rimfire suppressor commercially available.  Ugh...aggravating.

*edit to add:
I get it that suppressors aren't fast movers in the inventory.  But you're either a suppressor dealer or you're not.  I wished there was at least ONE stocking dealer with decent inventory of relatively common NFA items.  Maybe there isn't enough demand for it.  Perhaps I'm being petty, but it is frustrating.  I guess the purpose of the edit is I understand there could be a reason the local NFA dealers don't stock much/any NFA inventory, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating for the consumer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Er, if you get a defective suppressor, you ship it back to the manufacturer and they take care of it? There really isn't a whole lot of issues there. It's not like you need to form 4 them back to the manufacturer and then wait for another form 4 to get them back...no different than buying a firearm that has an issue; you send it back, they work on it, they ship it back to you. The only time things might get iffy is if they can't repair the tube, and that's pretty rare. In that case, any silencer company worth their salt would pay for the new stamp and transfer back to you, and do what they could to expedite the process on the gov't side.

It's not like buying a lemon law Chevy...you have options here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top