Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2014 1:11:17 AM EDT
Steele County declines conditional use permit for a Blooming Prairie firing range

Blooming Prairie shooting range denied

This is the last part in the article were a question was asked to Dan "the Man" Mcintosh, to which he expertly bridged the answer.

Kubicek said the proposed permit does not fit within the county’s zoning permit for outdoor recreation.
“Based on that, I would move denial of this permit,” he said.
Burke asked the county board what he could do to get the permit approved.
“If it doesn’t fit under that, what does it fit under? If it’s not fitting under what I’m applying for, Dale chose what to put it under. Is there another place to put this?” he said.
Dan McIntosh, Steele County attorney, suggested he focus on what the property will be used for and see where it fits within local and state ordinances.
“If you wish to apply under another category, I think you should have the opinion of the Planning Commission and start the application process over,” Oolman said.
Phone calls to Burke on Thursday weren’t returned about what the next step will be, but Deidra Burke said the couple will still shoot recreationally.
“Assuming the worse, that this permit is declined by the County Board of Commissioners, that’s certainly not going to stop my husband, or myself and our friends from shooting on property that we own. Just as if we don’t expect to interfere with anybody else’s business in other areas,” she said.

The Steele County Board declined the permit with a 5-0 vote
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the greedy board didn't get the payolla to get this approved.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting on the most concern since there is a trap shooting club on the other side of the highway just up the road
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top