Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2013 7:29:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
yes !!! SUCK-IT GOUGER MOUNTAIN !!!

ive always said if I had the money I would reopen the Sportsmans Warehouse store
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]

I would like to see a Bass Pro come to MN.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Yay, a new cabin store to open.  They might even have hunting related stuff there, but it will be overshadowed by the kitsch and the cabin leisure wear and pink camo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bass Pro shop would be good to perhaps keep Cabelas prices some what reasonable. Sportsman's was a good store, shame that they are no longer with us.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep...  I thought I had been to one locally...  Don't know if it's still there though.

Trail's End Bass Pro
7597 Minnesota 65 Trunk Fridley, MN 55432

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Wonder what we can expect out of their bargain cave... I have scored a lot of great deals on glass @ the rogers location lately.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wonder what we can expect out of their bargain cave... I have scored a lot of great deals on glass @ the rogers location lately.

Yeah,  I got a great deal on a Leupold VX-3 out there!

If this store is 85,000 square feet what are they going to cut down on from the ginormous format in Rogers?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I got an Aimpoint out of there a few years back for for almost half price. Even the guy behind the counter was like WTF.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yay, a new cabin store to open.  They might even have hunting related stuff there, but it will be overshadowed by the kitsch and the cabin leisure wear and pink camo.

And yet still so much better than Gander Mountain...
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bass Pro shop would be good to perhaps keep Cabelas prices some what reasonable. Sportsman's was a good store, shame that they are no longer with us.

Yep, I miss Sportsman's Warehouse every time I drive out to OGC.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#11]
the goal is actually copy the gander mountain model  they arent going away from the destination store set because it mskes too much money.

Quoted:

Quoted:

And yet still so much better than Gander Mountain...

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:42:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree completely.  I will definitely go there to see what they have.  Woodbury is closer than any other large shopping area for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#13]
More competition is better for everyone. I find all the non online dealers high. Cabelas is high in some things and so is gander. I hope they actually start competiting for business.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:43:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Pine City tried to get a Cabela's too, but it didn't work out.  To me, an up north destination would have made more sense than Woodbury.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pine City tried to get a Cabela's too, but it didn't work out.  To me, an up north destination would have made more sense than Woodbury.

I bet Woodbury would pull more from WI than up north.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't referring to pull, but to all the traffic passing by on 35W to all the northern MN hunting, 4 wheeling, snow mobiling and fishing spots.  Other than Gander in FL, the 35W corridor is completely devoid of anything "sporting".  WBY store is only half the size of Owatonna anyways...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't referring to pull, but to all the traffic passing by on 35W to all the northern MN hunting, 4 wheeling, snow mobiling and fishing spots.  Other than Gander in FL, the 35W corridor is completely devoid of anything "sporting".  WBY store is only half the size of Owatonna anyways...

I've always wanted to go that Gander in Forest Lake but by the time I see it I'm too far past the exit.  On the way back down from hiking and camping, I'm too tired to get back home.  I always manage to find that Starbucks though.  The neat little hipster coffee house in Stacy closed.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There was talk of Bass Pro or someone else building a place near Proctor on 35w, but the city started arguing over tax money from it or something and they backed out.  This was about a year ago.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever been to the sporting goods section of the Blaine Fleet Farm?  I will take that over most Gander Mts and Cabelas any day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top