Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2012 5:02:04 PM EDT
Anybody ever hired a company to move a gun safe into their house?  Just curious if anybody has any recommendations of people they have used in the past.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Moved mine twice. A couple of friends. appliance dolly and a 12 pack did it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Moved mine twice. A couple of friends. appliance dolly and a 12 pack did it.

^ This.  6 friends and the move included 2 flights of stairs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Kind of figured a 6-pack and friends would be the response...
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 4:05:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess it depends on what kind of safe you are getting.  I hired AAA Movers when I bought my safe. They did a good job and I'd use them again if I were to buy another one. I believe it cost me $250 at the time, around 10 years ago. The safe is 1300# empty, so more than I wanted to try on my own.

Good luck,
Erik
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
If your safe weighs more than 500 pounds, bring at least TWO friends.

Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I just had my 3100 pound safe delivered and brought down 2 steps, it ran me 450 for 4 guys and some special tools they used.

I have used piano movers in the past for mid size safes as they can move like magic.

Try Manny piano movers.
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If anyone is interested in current prices. I have a 1200 lb safe (on wheels) moving from 1 garage to another about 30 miles away. In other words push on a lift gate, drive to new location, and push off lift gate. AAA wanted 515.00 (or maybe it was 550.00) and mannys wanted 400. Mannys is moving it monday, i'll let you know how it goes. It seemed the breakpoint was the over or under 1100 pounds. I suspect because of the truck they need to move it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Rent a truck and do it yourself, dude...
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yea, I already explored that option and after truck rental and milage fees, it would have been about 80 bucks less and thats before I talked a buddy ito helping me and buying him a case of beer. If I had a truck with a big enough lift gate it would cost 20 bucks in gas and 2 hours time. Unfortunely I dont, but could be a good business opportunity for someone with access to a truck.
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, I already explored that option and after truck rental and milage fees, it would have been about 80 bucks less and thats before I talked a buddy ito helping me and buying him a case of beer. If I had a truck with a big enough lift gate it would cost 20 bucks in gas and 2 hours time. Unfortunely I dont, but could be a good business opportunity for someone with access to a truck.

Good grief!

U-Haul would charge you $400+ for a one-day same-town rental?
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 3:17:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't have one of these safes yet but if we move into a house that doesn't have a lower-level walk-out, I'll be buying one.  

http://www.zanottiarmor.com/safes.htm
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:16:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Mann'y Piano Moving, I used to work with a guy that worked for them. He said they moved gunsafes all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top