Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2012 6:31:56 AM EDT
After extensive searching, it appears I need a custom holster made for my new medium frame S&W 5".  The catch is this gun will be sportin' a Aimpoint sight and all the "normal" scoped handgun holsters are built for 6"+ barrels.  Or...  they are of the over-the-shoulder "bandito" style.  I'm looking for something simple, attached to my gun belt.

Leather is my preference, but even nylon would be better than nothing...  And ideas on where or who could build on for me in or around the twin cities area?
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with Side guard holsters     http://sideguardholsters.com/
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You could try talking to makers of horse tack.  Apparently it's leather goods that help make the horses look good at shows.  I didn't know the term tack until about a year ago so don't bash me horse enthusiasts.  Some tack makers are pretty good leathersmiths.  It's worth a try.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:50:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Pistol Packaging in Maple Plain may do a custom holster for you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Pistol Packaging  made a great holster for me.  I'd look for them at the next gun show.   Nice lady measured me at the show, and sent me home with a chart to properly measure my gun with optic.  Called them monday morning with measurements and on Thursday my holster showed up in the mail and it was beyond my expectations.  A big thumbs up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pistol Packaging  made a great holster for me.  I'd look for them at the next gun show.   Nice lady measured me at the show, and sent me home with a chart to properly measure my gun with optic.  Called them monday morning with measurements and on Thursday my holster showed up in the mail and it was beyond my expectations.  A big thumbs up.

Was it something they already had in stock?  That's a damned fast turn-around for custom.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it something they already had in stock?  That's a damned fast turn-around for custom.

I'm familiar with Pistol Packaging.  Yes they do nice work!  However, the "over the should" style is NOT what I'm looking for.  Unless they've designed a belt type holster my search will continue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top