Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 3:34:49 AM EDT
On May 7 my wife is hosting an event at the Solders Field Memorial in Rochester.  Any current military; Guard, Active and reserves are going to be able to have their pictures taken for free that day.   She has 4 photographers lined up and has lunch provided by Canadian Honker (I believe a $5 per plate donation is asked).  After the event they will be editing pictures and burn the finished pics onto CD with a print release so you can have printed any you prefer.  At zero charge, she has gotten some businesses to donate for this.  I believe the memorial will also get some photos too.

Here is the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/portraitsforpatriots

Here is the page for non facebook people.

http://www.wix.com/bjkdesign/portraitsforpatriots

If she gets a good turn out, she wants to try to have one this fall in the metro area also.  It is first come first photoed but she is taking preregisters also and those folks will get bumped up in line at the preregistered time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome.
I'll let my brother in law know about it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It is this Saturday.  In the event of rain or strong wind it will be moved to RCTC and held indoors.  The call on where it will be Friday.   My wife will also be on KTTC news at 5 on Wednesday discussing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top