Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 3:43:34 PM EDT
Well, it appears that the 3 folks held in Iran have some interesting backgrounds.

First off, Shane Bauer is a RADICAL leftist. I know who his relatives are in Pine City and they are big DFL donors. (this wasn't that hard to find... his mother was involved with the recount process last fall)

His own blog tells the tale of his degree in "Peace and Conflict Studies" from UCB.
http://www.shanebauer.net/site.php/about/

From what I have gathered talking to some other MN-DFL folks, the 3 were going to come back with video footage of the plight of Iraqi people on the border. (don't know if that is what they had filmed or not)

Make no mistake, those 3 were doing this completely on their own. Shane was no stranger to controversy and making known his disdain for our troops known.

I have ZERO sympathy for their plight. (there is some debate as to whether they were told NOT to venture into the region they were "discovered" in... trying to confirm this)

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't care about his politics.  I'm simply of the opinion that if you're dumb enough to go hiking on the Iran-Iraq border, then you deserve what you get!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Well said What would you be thinking hiking there. Think of the resorces that have went to these three PITA's. They got what they had coming. I often tell protesters to go wave there anti war posters any where in the middle east.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be lying if I said I cared about the idiots.  They made a stupid decision and now have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Hiking the Iraq/Iran border has got to be the stupidest idea I've ever heard. The leftist ties are not surprising.

I agree, no sympathy for these idiots.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hiking the Iraq/Iran border has got to be the stupidest idea I've ever heard. The leftist ties are not surprising.

I agree, no sympathy for these idiots.

The biggest mistake that Liberals make is that people in other countries and cultures give a shit about the same things you do.

I can see it going down something like this:

Iranian police:  "get down on the ground with your hands over your head!"
Hiker:  "It's OK, we are here to help"
Iranian police:  "I said DOWN!!"
Hiker:  "But, we are trying to expose Bush's evil plan to..." [takes rifle butt in stomach]  "OOOF!"

Hiker [moaning]:  "But, we recycle..." [gets kicked in face]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#6]
from day one i had NO sympathy. would these guys pay my medical bills if i stuck my hand in a tiger cage? probably not.

but ill put money on it, that the U.S. .Gov ( the current administration ) would pull the plug on these fuckers if they werent radical lefties and DFL supporters. the media wouldnt even cover it if they were republican donaters.

i like how they were trying to film the "iraqi plight"

you mean, now they that are free, and dont have a dictator with rape houses and running people through industrial grinders feet first ?

their children can now play soccer in the street ? oh the horror !

fuck these lefties. im glad they are in prison and an Iranian prison at that. kind of like the lefty "researchers" who were doing a study on global warming, that had to be rescued during a blizzard.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm just getting F'n sick and tired of MY tax dollars going to pull people's asses out of the fire.  Whether it be mortgage foreclosure, welfare payments, rescues from "extreme" sports (ie, climbing mountains and that kinda shit) or simply doing stupid shit like this.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I find rather interesting how the local news agencies, Claim to dig deep to gather the "truth" about anything.

Well, Now's the time to dig deep and I highly doubt they will expose what we know.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
News Media and investigative reporting are a joke.  How and the hell did these clueless kids ever get a visa to visit a war zone on the border of a country whose biggest export is terrorism - and who paid for their tickets - did any of them have jobs -never seen any answers to these questions ?  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
News Media and investigative reporting are a joke.  How and the hell did these clueless kids ever get a visa to visit a war zone on the border of a country whose biggest export is terrorism - and who paid for their tickets - did any of them have jobs -never seen any answers to these questions ?  

are they college students? if so i wouldnt be surprised if our tax dollars funded such a "project" through their college courses...

a ticket over there has to be what.... 1800 or so ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:29:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Fantastic illucidation.  I've been wondering ever since this story hit the news, "With all of the hiking destinations here in Minnesota and elsewhere in the United States, why in the world would they travel clear over there to go hiking?"  Something about the story never made sense and the local news never bothered to discuss it in more detail.  I felt like they were telling me, "No, you don't need to know that.  All you need to know about the story is what we're telling you.  Accept our narrative and stop asking questions!"

Now I know why.  

If the Iranians were serious, they'd line these "hikers" (spies) up against the wall.

Anybody have advice about tar and feathers for the local news?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top