Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2010 5:28:12 PM EDT
In the market for a new shotty....anyone fired the Benelli Vinci yet?  What do you think of it?  Inertia driven vs. gas......I really want a rifled barrel for deer but none of the new shotguns have any including the Browning Maxus and so on....any input would be helpful.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be honest, I am not a big fan of inertia driven shotguns for trap. Hunting, they work just fine. Light target/field loads are a crap shoot.

That said, Benelli is a very reliable and respected brand and they has done their work engineering good shotguns.

Franchi is also another stellar brand that has proven reliable. (I believe Franchi is inertia driven as well)

I own a 391 Urika Gold and it is one I would recommend if you only need a 3" chamber.

I would look over on another shotgun type board for more feedback before putting money down.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]

i havent shot a Vinci so im of no help.

ive got some sort of an itch for a Remington 1100, black synthetic stock, 18-20" barrel, smooth bore-

but i can NOT find one in- 12 gauge, every store i see them in they are 20 gauge, and i cant find one with regular rifle sights, only Vent-rib with bead sights. i dont want to spend 1200 on a benelli M1
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

ive got some sort of an itch for a Remington 1100, black synthetic stock, 18-20" barrel, smooth bore-

but i can NOT find one in- 12 gauge, every store i see them in they are 20 gauge, and i cant find one with regular rifle sights, only Vent-rib with bead sights. i dont want to spend 1200 on a benelli M1

Don't know where you are located but Bill's North has a tac model.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:25:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]
[Tom Knapp]

Making salad is easy with the Benelli

[/Tom Knapp]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sorry bro, snagged one at Gander in Blaine, cept it had wood furniture and a 21" barrel, which the Nordic Extension tube fits perfectly under and almost flush with the barrel.  I heard the range in North Branch had a couple a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Heck, I shoot a 20 gauge shotgun in 3 gun competition, I'd say that I would do no better with a 12 gauge, infact, I think I do better with a 20.

Tim

id be using it for deer hunting when in non rifle zones, im pretty sure 12 gauge makes a bigger mess than 20, so... yeah
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:54:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I remember we had a guy that came into the shop every year buying 5 or 6 boxes of 10 gauge 3.5" slugs for deer hunting.Used them in a Browning BPS. He said that where he hunts he shoots REALLY big deer. Well, one year, for some reason, we were only able to get like 2 or 3 boxes...when he came in he started shaking and got nevous, like, omg, what am I gonna do! I swear it was like he was frothing at the mouth and everything. I guess where he hunts they must have 800 pound bucks and LOTS of them. I think I need to find that place.

My shoulder gets sore just thinking about shooting a gun that size off the bench for sight in!!

Tim

Good Lord... I can't see the need, but, it ain't my finger on the trigger either.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember we had a guy that came into the shop every year buying 5 or 6 boxes of 10 gauge 3.5" slugs for deer hunting.Used them in a Browning BPS. He said that where he hunts he shoots REALLY big deer. Well, one year, for some reason, we were only able to get like 2 or 3 boxes...when he came in he started shaking and got nevous, like, omg, what am I gonna do! I swear it was like he was frothing at the mouth and everything. I guess where he hunts they must have 800 pound bucks and LOTS of them. I think I need to find that place.

My shoulder gets sore just thinking about shooting a gun that size off the bench for sight in!!

Tim

Good Lord... I can't see the need, but, it ain't my finger on the trigger either.

so are you saying the drum magazine in my M1A is a bit much for deer hunting ?

i keed i keed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I am refering to a 10gage 3.5" slug which has to be well over 750grains.

Folks, thats just gotta hurt. Anything more than 3000ft-lbs of KE at the shoulder is going to be a wake-up call.

Not my style, but again, its not my finger on the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In the market for a new shotty....anyone fired the Benelli Vinci yet?  What do you think of it?  Inertia driven vs. gas......I really want a rifled barrel for deer but none of the new shotguns have any including the Browning Maxus and so on....any input would be helpful.  Thanks

If you are looking for a semi auto shotgun for deer hunting I suggest you buy one first set up as a slug gun and then buy a bird barrel for it at a latter date.   Back when I used to be in firearm sales we had a really hard time getting fully rifled Benelli / Beretta / Browning barrels in time for deer hunting.  

When you order from Benelli it takes a long time to get a slug barrel, the barrel needs to travel from Italy, then it will sit at Benelli USA where barrels are shipped according to where you are on the order list, so you maybe waiting for a while.  The problem is most guys order their barrels in early fall, say September and if Benelli USA is out then be prepared to wait until January or February.

Also Benelli barrels are VERY expensive.  You could buy a used Remington 1100 for the cost of a Benelli fully rifled barrel.  They sell for $500 to $600.   Benelli bird barrels are not cheap either, but they are easier to come by, not so much for the new guns like the Benelli Vinci.

As for the Vinci, I have to say that I have not warmed up to it.  I am a die hard Benelli fan, I own 7 other their shotguns (six M1s and one Super Black Eagle) IMO they are the best semi auto on the market and will out shoot any gas gun, but the new Vinci feels too much like the Benelli R1 rifle to me.

I say if you are looking for a new semi auto the Benelli M2 or a nice used Benelli M1 are hard to beat, also you can use extended tubes with the Benelli M1, M2, and M3, you can not with the Vinci or Monefeltro.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks guys for all the comments so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top