Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2010 2:06:03 AM EDT
The jeweler my family had been using for quite some time decided to close up and retire a couple years ago, and we've never gotten around to finding a new one.  My girlfriend has some things that she needs resized/repaired, and I'm looking to have something made as a gift.  Any quality jewelers that you guys know of?  St. Paul side of the Cities preferable, but I'm not picky if it's worth the drive.

ETA:  The highlighted comment above would have nothing to with changing the relationship status with my girlfriend (at least for the forseeable future), so eject pics/comments are unneccesary
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Check these guys out.

http://www.rfjeweler.com/

Family ran.  Great people to do business with.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't find one in the cities you like, I'd recomend Chappuis Jewelry in Faribault. link (Their website is just a page with their address and phone number.)

Family owned/operated for a couple generations, iirc. Nathan (the son) custom made my wive's wedding and engagement rings off of a design she gave him. He did a great job with that, and she gets compliments on it every where she foes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#3]
In Bloomington on Lyndale Ave is Wixson's. They have always treated us very well. They have on-site jewelers and designers that do some pretty impressive work.

Wixson's

Prib
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Check these guys out.

http://www.rfjeweler.com/

Family ran.  Great people to do business with.

+1 on RF Moellers. I know the family and they're good folks with a solid family business and high quality products with well trained and helpful jewelers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I may have some bias; but my father is a goldsmith at Look Jewelers in Riverdale(Coon Rapids).
They do their all their own work, on-site.  As well as contract work for other retailers.
My dad's been in the field for over 30 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top