Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2009 4:39:30 AM EDT
...all over the Twin Cities this morning.

ARs used to hunt deer

The article is actually written in a pretty positive light, not that it will matter.  'Assault rifles' used to murder helpless creatures....can't wait to read the article comments after a few more hours.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 4:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You beat me to it.  I was going to post this.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 5:43:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You beat me to it.  I was going to post this.

I'm an early riser....
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally, a local paper with a well writen article about the AR15. From what I can tell, it was all fact and not some made up shit. I think I'll even write the editor and thank them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Hah! the comments are great!  

I'm with former Outdoor Life writer Jim Zumbo: this increased arming of America with military style guns is crazy. When will we see "sportsmen" crave fully automatic guns––perhaps with grenade launchers––just to be sure something is dead. It's so cool!

Zumbo was and is correct. These guns have no place in the field or on the ground. Put cameras in the hands of the "hunters" who need these kinds of guns.

AR guns do not belong in the military. They require too much cleaning in the field and are flimsy.

WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS AND TELL THEM TO DUMP THE M-16/M4 RIFLES!

Link Posted: 10/25/2009 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Or the one from "liberal psychologist:
I am all for the sport of shooting at paper targets. Now for those guys out there that have doubts about their manhood, and are trying to re-establish it by shooting Bambi, I suggest you make an appointment with me or one of my colleagues !

Or this one...

liberal psychologist wrote:
   <quoted text> Shooting takes their mind off the major issues that are bothering them. It is, in it self ,a form of therapy, as the recoil jolt snaps them back to reality! It is encouraging that Pres. Obama's National Health Care Plan will expand the availability of mental health care therapy and these hunters will soon have free therapy available.

Don't take the cracks from the conservatives too personally. When the revolution comes they'll appreciate it that people like you made it a lot easier.

What revolution is he referring to???
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
whole lotta dipshit in those responses.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Or the one from "liberal psychologist:
I am all for the sport of shooting at paper targets. Now for those guys out there that have doubts about their manhood, and are trying to re-establish it by shooting Bambi, I suggest you make an appointment with me or one of my colleagues !

Or this one...

liberal psychologist wrote:
   <quoted text> Shooting takes their mind off the major issues that are bothering them. It is, in it self ,a form of therapy, as the recoil jolt snaps them back to reality! It is encouraging that Pres. Obama's National Health Care Plan will expand the availability of mental health care therapy and these hunters will soon have free therapy available.

Don't take the cracks from the conservatives too personally. When the revolution comes they'll appreciate it that people like you made it a lot easier.

What revolution is he referring to???

You need to listen to Glenn Beck. I'm guessing he is referencing the progressive/communist revolution that has been in the works at least since FDR, or longer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#8]
i think we need to buy a island and the people that want to live free should move there. the great USA is being over run with people that don't want freedoms, they want to be told what and when to do things.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#9]
You need to listen to Glenn Beck. I'm guessing he is referencing the progressive/communist revolution that has been in the works at least since FDR, or longer.

I know what he's referring to.  I've just never heard anyone come out so boldly and say that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#10]
can we start a sovereign nation?
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I also pointed out how there's still a large group of 'traditional' hunters who don't want to have anything to do with those 'military rifles...'  

My Dad is like that... he only hunts with either his single shot 45-70 or his 30-30 model 94. He looks at what I have and just shakes his head.

"Ya can't hunt with it" he says, but, then I reminded him of the P-dog hunting I did a while back and how those little critters had it coming.

He is not about to say, "you shouldn't have those", but, he just doesn't have the appreciation that we do.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I find it amusing how many of the folks from older generations comment on the AR format as a "military" rifle, as if that were a bad or uncommon thing.  Yet, they go out with their "sporterized" Mauser or 30-06, which, many years ago, was a "military" rifle.  In many cases, these same folks brought captured firearms back from WWII and took them into the field.  Hypocracy at it's finest.

This is just another case of people hating change and new ideas.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I find it amusing how many of the folks from older generations comment on the AR format as a "military" rifle, as if that were a bad or uncommon thing.  Yet, they go out with their "sporterized" Mauser or 30-06, which, many years ago, was a "military" rifle.  In many cases, these same folks brought captured firearms back from WWII and took them into the field.  Hypocracy at it's finest.

This is just another case of people hating change and new ideas.

I agree with you 100%.

Here's what I will be carrying through the woods next weekend.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:58:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top