Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2009 6:18:58 AM EDT
Oct. 31 - Nov. 1

Finally got one north of the metro and this is most likely the last one of the year.

drizz
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Rain or snow.
I shall go.
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow,
It looks like it's just Drizz and I.
I guess, nobody else needs the skills to hit zombie-sized targets at 500 yards.

By the way; when is the 2010 Zombie shoot?
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I signed up. But this one is 25-Meters only.

http://www.outbreakomega.com/pages/registration.html April 24 & 25th, 2010.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Great!
I'll see you there!

You zero your AR at 25m anyway, right?
Then it's just a matter of confirming that zero at known distance.
Piece of cake.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking to make it, may have the wife and/or a coworker as well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Great!
I'll see you there!

You zero your AR at 25m anyway, right?
Then it's just a matter of confirming that zero at known distance.
Piece of cake.

Pretty much. The basic skills can be taught at 25m. The challanges of further distances can be picked up and put into practice at the next longer range Apple Seed event.

Link Posted: 10/21/2009 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm interested but i am new and dont know what this event is about. Could someone tell what its all about, ammo count needed, yardage, so and so forth.

Thanks
Andy
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Basically this is a rifle marksmanship clinic with American History sprinkled in.  

The distance for this shoot is 25 yards.  Centerfire rifles are welcome, though most people use a .22.  Round count can vary, but figure about 500 to 600 rounds for the weekend.  

Any type of rifle is welcome (semi auto, bolt, lever or pump), any type of sighting system is allowed (scope, red dot, iron sites) and any type of feeding system (detachable mag, box mag, tube mag, even single shot rifle).  As they say, "Bring what you've got".

You will learn how to shoot from the standing, sitting, and prone positions.  The instructors will teach you the six steps of firing the shot, how to use a sling (hasty hasty, hasty and loop) and how to "read" your targets.

You'll be shooting at AQT's (Army Qualifaction Targets).  They are ment to be shot at 25 yards and simulate shooting out to 400 yards.  If you can do it at 25 yards, than you can do it at 400 yards.  

I'd recomend it if you can make it.  You'll learn an awful lot.

Brad
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
where is the event held? what is the cost of the event?
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Basically this is a rifle marksmanship clinic with American History sprinkled in.  

The distance for this shoot is 25 yards.  Centerfire rifles are welcome, though most people use a .22.  Round count can vary, but figure about 500 to 600 rounds for the weekend.  

Any type of rifle is welcome (semi auto, bolt, lever or pump), any type of sighting system is allowed (scope, red dot, iron sites) and any type of feeding system (detachable mag, box mag, tube mag, even single shot rifle).  As they say, "Bring what you've got".

You will learn how to shoot from the standing, sitting, and prone positions.  The instructors will teach you the six steps of firing the shot, how to use a sling (hasty hasty, hasty and loop) and how to "read" your targets.

You'll be shooting at AQT's (Army Qualifaction Targets).  They are ment to be shot at 25 yards and simulate shooting out to 400 yards.  If you can do it at 25 yards, than you can do it at 400 yards.  

I'd recomend it if you can make it.  You'll learn an awful lot.

Brad

I shot at several GA & NC Appleseeds, and I agree with this message.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#13]
There are still a few slots left!
Pre-registration ends tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm registered, have a buddy of mine from work coming too, but had computer issues and will be signing up at the shoot.
At least the weather looks a bit better now
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#15]
So close, yet so far. Best score was a 199  Gots some practicing to do

Looking forward to Duluth in April
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So close, yet so far. Best score was a 199  Gots some practicing to do

Looking forward to Duluth in April

Wintermute, I should have asked over the weekend but now I need to put a face to your ARFCOM handle. I should remember by the score alone but I'm a bit braindead yet. Were you on the far right end of the line yesterday or second one in?

drizz
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, the bug guy way one the right end, with the stainless and black 10/22.

I thought there were a couple other ARFcommers there, but didn't get a chance to really ask.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I thought there were a couple other ARFcommers there, but didn't get a chance to really ask.

I was there on Saturday only, with Armalite AR15.

I still suck...but I'm improving....

see you all in April...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:17:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was there on Saturday only, with Armalite AR15.

I still suck...but I'm improving....

see you all in April...

I was wearing the red sweatshirt. It was a great weekend, and as always, it was with the best people!!!

mnvw,
I wish you could have made it back! Get a .22 and practice with that so you can save your .223 ammo. Once it all comes together for ya, it'll carry over into just about any other rifle you pick up. It seems that it usually comes down to forgetting just one of the steps that causes the problems. With Joel over on the left end it was his follow-thru. When he remembered to do it, his groups went from about 1 1/2" - 2" down to 3/4" or less.

drizz
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#20]
It was great having all of you there!

I'll see you in April.... Untill then; dry-fire, dry-fire, dry-fire!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top