Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 6:24:58 AM EDT
Format Change.

KTLK-FM is playing music, Chris Baker is "rocking you out all weekend".

Must be in anticipation of "localism" and the "fairness doctrine", looking at the ratings they were not bad, all other formats are covered.

False alarm.

UPDATE:

Quoted:
Talk during the week. Music from after Jason Lewis friday till 5am monday. They ran adds on thursday and friday about the weekend change.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#1]

That was my favorite station when I'd drive down there for work.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF!!!!  First they fuck over Dan Conry, now this bullshits!  What's gonna happen to Jason Lewis?  This is not good people.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this just for weekends? Or does this mean no more Rush, Hannity, Jason, or Baker for us Minnesotans at all M-F?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Talk during the week. Music from after Jason Lewis friday till 5am monday. They ran adds on thursday and friday about the weekend change.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I listen daily, never heard the ads...but then I've spent most of my time working and studying for school (yeah, full time work and full time grad school, I guess I miss out on the details)...Thnks for the update mnandy

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Whew!  All is not lost
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#7]
If I'm in the mood for that type of thing, I just go to GD now.  Same subject matter, but much much quieter...
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]
So does this mean that Ron Rosenbaum saturday morning show is off the air?        I hope    

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I was a little freaked out when I tuned in yesterday evening to see what Sue Jeffers had to say.  I was thinking, "What is this?  Is KTLK directly challenging KQRS?"  After listening for several minutes for an explantion, I got the FCC mandated station identification, which was still said to be "KTLK".  Perplexed, I continued to listen, unable to change stations until I got an answer, which finally came with Jason Lewis on a pre-taped explanation which I'm sure they periodically played.

Leaving me in suspense caused me to listen longer.  I'm sure it was a scam to help their ratings

So I wonder what Jeffers is up to...another try for governor, despite the deep field?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#10]
They played some good tunes this weekend.

Donnie Iris  I haven't heard Ah Leah! in a while.

I say cut Ron Rosenbaum show and play classic rock for three hours and then go back to a talk format
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm still a little upset about them cutting Langdon Perry in the morning even though he was kind of a douche.  

I'll have to get satellite radio if they cut Sean and Jason.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm still a little upset about them cutting Langdon Perry in the morning even though he was kind of a douche.

Langdon was quite the tool.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I will certainly miss the Saturday Evening Cigar Dave Show.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top