Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2008 7:07:19 PM EDT
If anyone wants to help out they can go to.

[email protected]

Sign up for the recount team, you will be an observer (you will look at the Ballot after the judge to make sure it is valid, and you will check the ballots that the franken guy decides are invalid. You will also make sure that the judge is not in cahoots with a franken guy and disqualifying good ballots) while the election official counts the ballots. We are putting together a schedual right now, we need to fill 2 shifts per day (7:30-1 and 12:30-5:30) starting on Wed. the 19th.

I am running the northwestern portion of the state, and really need some observers in Marshall and Kittson Countys. I could also use a bit of help in Roseau and Lake of Woods. I am pretty sure that the recount will go pretty quick and smooth in these areas so I dont think I will need people much past the 21st of Nov (but you never know).

If you or anyone you know lives in these areas send me an IM or email and I will set you up.

We are also bringing in some "profesional volunteers" next week, but we still need locals to help out.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Regardless of how you all feel about the Republican party, guys, this is important stuff.  We need to make sure that every ballot counts and the libs don't steal an election away to a CERTIFIED gun-banner like Franken.  Say what you want about Coleman, but the bottom line is he has an NRA "A" rating for a reason and that's a million times better than Stuart Smalley.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got Rot Red Lake and Pennington Counties put on my plate too

One of you guys has got to live in one of these counties.

FYI; I am not from this state, I am only here to try to keep you from becoming the laughing stock of the country (again). Deer season just started in my home state today, I will be missing the whole season due to this recount. I am getting really sick of the excuse "well, I would really like to help out but I have plans to go hunting".
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
For how long would this take? I am in the St. Paul area and would be interested in volunteering. I don't think I could do it for weeks but I have a few days I could take for this.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For how long would this take? I am in the St. Paul area and would be interested in volunteering. I don't think I could do it for weeks but I have a few days I could take for this.

Well I am running the N-Western part of the state. You would be working out of the the Ramsey county region (which is located at St.Paul). If you go to the website you can get yourself put into the database of potential volunteers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm helping Norm on Thursday.  He's my favorite RHINO!  
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm helping Norm on Thursday.  He's my favorite RHINO!  

Whats the H stand for?

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
What do they need help with? There are plenty of volunteers who have the recount down pat:

One for Al.
None for Norm.
One for Al.
None for Norm.
One for Al.
None for Norm.

Repeat until Al wins.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What do they need help with? There are plenty of volunteers who have the recount down pat:

One for Al.
None for Norm.
One for Al.
None for Norm.
One for Al.
None for Norm.

Repeat until Al wins.

Not on my watch!

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#9]
You just watch the ballots to be sure a Franken one does not end up in the "other" pile, as an example.

On my watch, we questioned two ballots and the guy I was observing with saved a Coleman ballot from being put in the wrong pile––the "other" pile .  He also saved a Coleman ballot from being inadvertantly placed in the Franken pile.  I challenged two ballots that the intent did not seem 100% to me.  One of those will still most likely go to Franken.

One ballot had both Coleman and Barkley circles neatly filled in.  it was trashed.

There are supposed to be impartial workers showing each ballot to two observers from each party.  

It was pretty fun overall.  franken supporters are much better organized than the Coleman supporters.

Dean Barkley did pretty well.

Most people don't understand how to fill in circles neatly.

Mc Cain supporters supported other democrats fairly frequently––Obama supporters were typically hard line democrats.

Then you watch them get counted.  Sometimes three times in a row.  Until everyone is satisfied.

I'd say only ten or so ballots got questioned all day for Chisago County.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top